𝘩𝘶𝘨𝘩

-----
Y/B's POV
This was my definition of a perfect day. Sitting on the back patio, reading a book, and listening to my boyfriend and dog play soccer together.

Because I could understand what both Hugh and Patch were saying, it made their games a lot more interesting.

"Cheater!" I heard Hugh yell.

"Hugh! Just because he has four legs and is a sixth of your size, does not make him a cheater!"

"Well he uses it to his advantage! He runs in between my legs and jumps around me! Not to mention, his four legs make him faster!" He defended himself, throwing his hands up in defeat as Patch stole the ball.

"That's not considered cheating!" I smiled, "Sorry love!"

His face turned a dark crimson and he watched Patch run around, as if to tease him that he had the ball and he didn't.

Patch barked and was in fact taunting Hugh.

"What'd he say?!"

"Oh nothing."

I watched as Hugh ran over to me, however I was unprepared for the tickling that had soon followed.

"Hugh! Stop!" I shouted through the uncontrollable laughs that clenched my belly.

"What. Did. He. Say."

"He called you a scoundrel and told you that you would never catch him!"

Hugh stopped and looked at the little dog who seemed to be fed up, and was now taking a nap in the shade of a willow tree.

Hugh kissed my nose and giggled as I scrunched up my face. He walked over to the pup and attempted to sneak the ball away, which ended up in Patch trying to chew his ear off.

They got back up and I watched them both start up the game again, a smile on my face, as they stole the ball from each other. I noticed Hugh seem to get tired. He stopped, dug in the pocket of his trousers, and took out what seemed to be a piece of jerky. He waited until Patch looked at him and he waved it in the air.

Patch ran to him and jumped up at his hand. Hugh handed over the piece of dried meat and ran to grab the ball. Once Patch noticed he displayed a look of defeat across his little dog features.

"Now I would consider that cheating!"

Hugh just giggled and sat down next to me, the ball in his lap.

I plucked the soccer ball from his legs and kissed him. The bees all stayed in his mouth which was convenient but he pulled away quickly in fear none the less.

We spent the next few minutes sitting in the stairs of the patio. I had my head on his shoulder and he had an arm around my waist, looking at the sunset, and the little puppy enjoying his last bit of daylight.