𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘩

-----
Y/N's POV

"Come onnnn!"

I grabbed Enoch's wrist, attempting to pull him along to the river with me.

"Whyyyy." He groaned back.

"Because. I don't want to do laundry all by myself."

He pulled on my hands that were holding onto his wrist and brought me into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Is that it?" He asked me. I didn't have to be facing him to know he was smirking.

"And I need my big strong man to carry the clothes for me." I tried.

"Ah. Flattery is not going to get you anywhere my dear."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

He smiled. Pulling away from me and walking back towards the house.

"Wait!" I yelled and ran in front of him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. I walked towards him and grabbed his cheeks. I brought his head down enough to where I could reach his lips and I kissed him. He was a bit startled but he grabbed my waist and kissed me back. Before it could go any further I pulled away.

"That." His voice cracked and I giggled. He went a shade of crimson. "Might get you some where."

"So will you come do laundry with me now?"

"Gladly."

He smiled for once and propped the basket of clothes on his hip and grabbing my hand in the process.

"So how come you have been here so long and you don't have any chores?" I asked him.

"Because. Chores usually means socialising, and I don't socialise." His face went back to it's usual grumpy state.

"Mhm. Sure. Because you totally aren't the one who just kissed me back where everyone could've seen. And you definitely aren't holding my hand right now."

"First of all were in the middle of a bunch of willow trees so not many people are going to see us. And second of all, if you have a problem with it then I won't do it anymore."

He held a straight face and let go of my hand.

I stopped. He kept walking. My eyes went wide and I ran back up to him. Grabbing his hand again. He resisted. I stopped trying and looked at the ground, continuing to walk to the stream.

I didn't feel his presence next to me anymore. I guess he didn't even want to be seen with me. This time, I kept walking.

But then I felt him wrap his arms around me and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"I am sorry if I hurt your feelings love."

"It's alright."

I smiled and reached behind me to run my hand through his hair.

He kissed my neck and grabbed my hand and the basket again, leading me towards the stream. And my chore. Lets just say, we both came home drenched that day.

-----
I know washing machines existed back in the 1940's but I thought it would be pretty cute if they didn't for this one.