𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦

----
Y/N's POV

"Olive! I could use your help in the kitchen!" I called out, not exactly knowing if my girlfriend was even inside.

Until hurried steps were pattering down the hallway in my direction, "Is everything alright!"

I couldn't help but giggle at her expression, "Yes I'm fine darling. But all of these deserts aren't going to bake themselves."

"I suppose that's true." Laughter laced in her voice as she sauntered over to where I was standing, "Well than. What should we make first?"

We spent hours baking, mixing, pouring, dipping, melting, sifting, measuring, and so much more until we had at least ten different delicious looking deserts to try.

"Why did we make all of these again?" Olive asked as we carried the baskets through the house.

"To eat! What else would you make deserts for!" I scoffed.

The laugh I had grown to love erupted from Olive's belly. Sending butterflies swarming through me.

We continued through the courtyard some distance before I sat down next to a large tree and motioned for her to join me.

"Let's dig in." I cheered, already peeling the flaps of the baskets open, hastily selecting a couple of the treats for us to sample.

I had managed to get through about seven kinds of the brilliant pastries before my stomach began to protest, Olive on the other hand was still going strong on number nine.

"What are you laughing at!"

I calmed myself as much as possible and reached out my hand, plucking a piece of jam from her fiery red hair.

"Gorgeous, I think you've gotten more on you then in you."

That pushed her over the edge and we shared another round of laughs together.

"This has been really nice." I sigh, leaning my head to rest on hers.

"It really has. Thank you for putting it together." She smiled warmly.

"Thank you for spending it with me."

I brushed our noses together briefly before pulling her in for a kiss. All sorts of tasty sugars evident on her lips.

"Happy Valentine's day."