Prologue

Sam

"Did you do it on purpose?"

My Dad is terribly devastated with the fact that I was denied. Seems that he cares more about my image than on our name that has been tainted.

Recently, I did something that shocked everyone. I'm instantly famous. More on infamous. Mas nalamangan ko na nga yata sa pagiging sikat ang kaibigan kong sikat na modelo na si Kayleigh o di kaya ay yung world-renowned tennis player na kababata namin na si Alliston. Even the Trio of the Century has never been this famous.

Well, what can I say? They'll never have the charm that only I, have.

"No, Dad." I hastily denied bagamat inaantok pa talaga ako.

"So, why did you do that?" Kalmadong tanong ng Patriarch ng pamilya.

Because that's the only thing that I can do for Aria. She needs her heart back. Plus, I'm too fascinated with Corinne because I can see the love that you and Mom shared together. I want to chase it so bad. But I then realized that it can't be chased.

When you see people around you that is binded with love and trust, you can't help but to wish that somehow you had it too.

Ramdam ko ang marahang pag-alog ni Mommy sa balikat ko. "Sam, your Dad is talking to you."

Iinat-inat na bumangon ako mula sa pagkakaupo sa couch.

My parents are seldom at home. Usually they're in all over the globe doing their medical mission. There are only three occasions every year na kasama ko sila, Christmas, New Year, and my own birthday.

Since it's my birthday yesterday, they were here. Pero by next week, they'll fly to Africa to continue their advocacy---- free medical attention to those who are in need and those who don't have the means to afford it.

My parents are both doctors. Actually, lahat sa pamilya namin are into medicines. That's why it is expected that I'll be one of them too. Not that I'm against it. I just don't like the idea that the thing I like to do the most is inclined to what I am supposed to be. It's just the feeling that you do not have your own identity. But it's okay. It's amenable than to be forced to do something that you do not want to.

"Are you with me, Samantha?"

Mabilis na inangat ko yung kanang kamay ko na para bang may roll call saka naman ulit humikab. I used my left hand to cover my mouth.

"Marcus, inaantok pa yata yung baby natin." Awat naman dito ni Mommy na lihim kong ikinapangiti.

She can easily melt my Dad's heart. It's a wonder for me since I was a kid, up until now. At how her words can easily make my father so agreeable.

How can you find such love? What did you do to find it? To grasp it? I wonder too.

"No, Salina. She should face the consequences of her actions." Bagamat firm at diretso yung pagmamando sakin ni Daddy ay soft naman ang kababakasan ng mga mata nito na nakatingin kay Mom. Why does it sounded so sweet?

"Samantha!" Medyo mataas na ang boses na tawag ulit nito sa pangalan ko.

Agad naman akong napadiretso ng tayo. When Dad is calling me with my full name, it just mean that he's really serious and I need to listen on what he has to say.

"There's no Callaghan that has been denied before, Marcus." Malambing pang hinaplos ni Mommy yung braso ni Daddy. "Our baby is mending her broken heart. Could we just let this pass for now?"

"Let this pass?" Tiningnan ako ng masama ng Dad ko. I know that he knew the reason why I did that.

I matched it with an innocent sweet smile. Bago nagpapaawang tumingin sa Mommy ko so I could gain her vote of support.