Chapter 41

Samantha

"I don't want to marry Terry yet." Sabi ko kay Leigh.

She just waved her hand as if dismissing the idea.

"You should marry her, Sam. She can't afford another blow. Kung sa tingin mo this isn't right, she sees it as the righteous thing for now."

"Kahit hindi kami okay? Paano kung maging mas lalong magulo? Paano kung mamis-interpret na naman nya? Paano ku—"

"Stop overthinking. Terry loves you too. Nahihirapan man sya sabihin iyon, lahat naman ng ginagawa nya is leading into that."

"Pero hindi ko nam—"

"You asked her to trust your beating heart right? Then trust her judgement too. Just go with the flow, Sam. Give her assurance."

Napatango na lang ako habang pareho kaming nagbabasa at nag aaral ni Leigh.

"What if I try to talk to her Mother, what do you think?" Tanong ko pa.

"Talk to her about what?"

"About Terry's condition."

Umiling si Leigh. "Terry's insecurities are already deeply rooted, Sam. It can't be undone."

"Exactly. She had it on her growing up years. Her Mom could give her a boost of confidence. If we talk to her right now para kausapin si Terry. Do you think may chance na maayos natin before the wedding?"

"We could try. But I highly recommend that Terry should feel it. Not because we forced it. Kapag nalaman nya na it happened on a purpose, that will be another blow. She tends to overthink din, Sam. In a bad way. She sees darkness before lightness."

"Tsk!" Napaismid ako. "Kakaoverthink nya naging ganun na yung kulay nya."

Tumatawang binato ako ng stressball ni Leigh. "Ang rude mo talaga."

"Honesty is different in being rude."

"I'm dying to take Terry in Australia, believe me, pagkakaguluhan iyon doon. Ewan ko na lang kung masabi mo pa yan."

Sinamaan ko sya ng tingin saka ibinato pabalik dito yung stressball.

"Don't you dare, Leigh! She's my betrothed!"

"Oh, hindi ba nilalait mo sya?"

"Hindi aa. I'm fascinated with the color of her skin."

"Do you think ba kapag min.make over natin si Terry, she'll like it?" Tanong pa nito.

"Make over like what?" Ipinagpatuloy ko yung pagbabasa.

"Like injecting her a glutathione? She's pretty, Sam."

"I know. She's pretty. She's sexy too. I like her color. It's totally complimenting mine."

"Wait, what?" Natawa si Leigh. "Wait, Sam. Kelan ka pa natutong magdefine ng sexy?"

Awtomatikong namula yung pisngi ko

Deym! It's Leigh. How could I forget?

"So how was it, hmm?"

"Leigh naman e. Why don't we proceed with our studies? I need inputs."

"Why don't you answer me first tapos we'll proceed with the plan?"

Napakunot naman ang noo ko. Kanina pa ako nagbabasa dito. Samantalang ito ay humihigop lang ng iced tea. Ayun pala may plano na sya. Tapos hindi nya pa sinasabi sakin?

"Spill it." I closed my book. If Leigh already came up with a plan, there's no need for me to read this book. Leigh have read all of it while she's studying.