3 - Begging

Zico's POV

30 minutes passed but I still don't see the woman my mom was talking about.

Not longer after that, a woman wearing a white-baby blue outfit with handbag on her shoulder plus she was also holding another bag came toward us. I saw her face.

For me, she is not that pretty but there's something that catches my attention toward her but I don't know what is that.

My eyes still on her after she greeted her parents and my mom. Then she walked towards my sister in law. I followed all her movement until she sat in front of me. I looked at her, catching some breath. All her face was covered by her sweat and I guess she knew that she was already late.

She apologised for her delay.

Then my mom introduced me to her. After my mom told her my name, she spoke

"Uh, ah, annyeonghaseyo."

I looked at her and she bowed her head as a respect towards me.

I said to myself, "she can speak Korean?"

But suddenly, my brother seems to be able to read my thoughts. Then, he asked

"Oh, do you speak Korean?"

"Ah, ne."

As I listen to it, I'm a bit amazed. I just listened to what both of our parents were talking about. Same goes to her.

Soon, his father spoke

"So, let's talk about the big deal now."

I looked at his father as I'm curious about what he will say to me.

Then, he continued

"So, Mrs. Woo-shi..."

I saw her father give a signal to my mom. My mom spoke

"Okay. I'm just go direct to the point."

While holding my hands, my mom said

"My son, Zico. Like I've told you before, I really want for both of you to get married. So, do you agree with it?"

I looked at my mom's hand.

Everyone is waiting for my answer..

My mom spoke again

"Son?"

"Hmmm?" I turned my face toward her

"I don't think I can do this mom."

"Honey. Please. All of us have agreed with this, even Altia too."

I turned my face to Altia. Some goes to her. We are looking at each other

While on the other side of me, "What? She agreed with this? But why? This f**ing girl. Is she insane?"

I was angry because I'm the only one who don't know about this. I didn't give any answer.

Altia's mom spoke

"Let's give him some time. He is still new with this sudden announcement. How about that?"

My mom answered

"Okay."

Finally the dinner ended.

................................................................................................................................

As soon as I come back home, I can't close my eyes.  I kept thinking about it. I'm still wondering why she agreed with this crazy thing.