18 - The Truth

Zico POV

1 week has passed. I haven't come back home since that incident. I spent my day at my studio or at my friend's house.

While I was busy doing my work at the studio, I felt there was some vibration in my pocket. So, I checked my phone and saw Taewoo's name appeared on the screen. So, I pick his called

"Hello?"

"Hello. Where are you? Can we meet up?"

"Why, hyung? I'm at my studio."

"I have something to tell you."

"Hmmm... okay. Where and when?"

"Today at 4 pm at your studio, ok?"

"Okay, hyung."

"Alright, see you later."

It's showing 4 in the evening. I waited for my brother and not long after that, I saw him and Jieun. I called them to come to my room.

We sat and start the conversation

"What is it, hyung?"

"How are you?"

"Hmmm.. good."

"Have you contacted Altia after that incident?"

"Why should I?"

"She did not do something wrong Zico-ah... trust me."

I didn't answer him instead he continued

"Look... Do you know how sad eomma is?"

"I know she's hurt but, who's going to take care of my feelings?"

"Zico-ah. I'm sure Altia will not do this to you. Do you know eomma is worried about Altia?"

"Look. Why does everyone keep talking about Altia? Why does no one ask about me?

"Cause she is innocent." Taewoo raised his voice a bit.

We both become silent.

Now it's Jieun turned to spoke

"I think you should know something."

I didn't give any response.

She continued

"Do you know how worried Altia is when she knows about that news? She cried thinking about you. Do you know how bad she felt when she didn't pick up your call on that day? If she knows early she will stay at your side and immediately look for you. But you, what are you doing to her? And guess what? Not her who wants you to get married with her but eomma. Eomma is the one begging for her to agree with this marriage. First, she also doesn't want to get married with you. But, eomma who did it. Eomma begged her to marry you for almost 3 months. Altia knows all the consequences she will get if she marries you. That's why she rejected eomma at first. But, seeing eomma begging her to marry you, she doesn't know what to do. She also stuck to choose between you or eomma. She doesn't want to hurt eomma but at the same time she also doesn't want to ruin your career. She also felt like being forced."

"But, why didn't she tell me about this?"

"It's her request to not talk about this to you. We also know about this from eomma.  Eomma also didn't want to share this with us but she had to. She had to do that to make sure you both got married. And if you want to know, Altia and her family are the one who helped eomma when she was stolen at Jeju. That's why she really wanted you to marry her."

I'm speechless hearing that explanation. Then, I said to myself, "oh, God?! What have I done? I've hurt her. Oh my God."

After we spent 2 hours talking, it's time for both of them to leave. Before they leaving, Taewoo spoke and remind me

"Go home. Talk to her. Apologies to her and the most important thing is to apologize to eomma. Understand?"

"Okay, hyung. Gomawo."

"It's okay. I love you."

"Love you, hyung."