13 - Fake Happiness

Zico POV

Since today Taeun will hold his birthday party, I decided to come to my mom's house a bit early.

As soon as I went in, I was welcome by my mom. Then he spoke

"Hey, honey. It's been a long time since we saw each other. Eomma really misses you. Eh, where's Altia? Did she not come along?"

"Hey... miss you too. Ah, Altia... she's working now. She will come later."

"Oh, I see. I'd be scared if she didn't come cause I've cooked a lot for her."

I just smiled at my mom's littering. Then, I went to Taeun who was playing in the living room alone. Not longer after that, Taewoo joined me and said

"Hey, bro."

I looked at him and greet him back

"Hey, hyung. What's up?"

"What's up, what's up. How's marriage life? Interesting?

"Hahahahaha, hyung. Do you have another question beside that one?"

"Hmm... well... I'm just asking."

"Hmmm... pretty good."

Then, Jieun come to us and said

"Eh, look who's here."

I replied

"Annyeonghaseyo noona."

"Ne, ne. Where's Altia?"

"She is still at work. Maybe she will arrive a bit late. Like always." I looked at Taewoo.

Jieun spoke

"Ya... don't say that. Maybe she still has a lot of work to do.

"Hmmm... like she's the one who has a lot of work. Everyone else?"

Then Taewoo intervened

"Ya... waegurae?? Did you guys fight?"

"Ani."

After that we look at Taeun who suddenly interrupts our conversation with her mumbling. We all laugh at her.

Now, it's already 8 pm but Altia is still not showing in this house.

But not long after that, the door's bell rang. So, Jieun went to open it and saw Altia on the screen. She spoke

"Oh, it's Altia. Finally..."

Altia POV

As soon as I arrived at eomma's house, I was welcome with Jieun. So, I greet her

"Uh, annyeonghaseyo. Sorry for being late."

"Uh, Altia-aa.... Gwaenchanha, gwaenchanha. Come, come... lets have dinner together."

"Ah...ne, ne. Here is seonmul for Taeun (while giving a present to Jieun)"

When I'm near to the dining table, eomma spoke

"Omo, omo, omo."

I greet them and said

"Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry for being late."

Eomma said again

"Aigo, aigo. Gwaenchanha, gwaenchanha. Come, come. Have a sit. Let's eat. I've already cook for you."

"Ah.. ne. Kamsahamnida eomma."

I am sitting next to Zico. I watch him from my side. He is quiet and does not talk. He just gave a reaction.

After eating, only me, eomma and Jieun were still in the kitchen while others already went to the living room. I help them cleaning the table but I was stopped by eomma

"Eh, it's okay Altia-ah. Eomma can do it. You can take a rest. You must be tired isn't it?"

I replied

"Ani, eomma. Let me help you. I've already come late so I felt bad for you."

"Aigo."

So, we continued cleaning up, washed some dishes and so on. After everything is done, now it's only me and eomma left.

It's already 12 am. Everyone is already in their own room. I sat in the living room while having eomma's hot chocolate cause she knew I didn't drink any caffeine. Suddenly, I was startled with eomma

"Altia... why are you still here?"

"Uh? Eomma. Ani. I am not sleepy yet and I really want to drink this (while holding her cup)"

She sit beside me and start talking

"Altia-ah, do you have problems?"

I looked at her who also look at me

"Hmmm... ani."

"Then, why do I feel like you look sad."

"Ah.. Maybe I'm just too tired eomma."

"Hmmm.. you may be right. Are you working tomorrow?"

"Ne."

"What time?"

"7 am."

"Omo, omo. No wonder you look so tired. Leave the house at 7 am then back home at 7 pm or even more late."

I'm only smiled to her

"It's fine eomma."

"But... if I were you, I don't think I can make it. Yeah, you know... in the morning you work as a doctor, then if you have class you have to go to the university plus if you have to teach the students. Then, you have to check your cafe. Waa... even to think itself is already hard for me."

I smiled again. Before eomma went to her room, she spoke

"Okay, eomma wants to sleep. Don't think too much and sleep okay? You have to wake up early tomorrow."

"Ne."

..............................................................................................................................

As soon as I went to my room, I saw Zico who already slept. Before I cleaned up myself and after that I sat on the sofa in this room. In a few minutes, I slept.

Zico POV

It's 12 in the midnight and I am already in my bed. I didn't see Altia so I thought she was still outside. But suddenly, I woke up. I turned my body to my left but I saw no one laying beside me. Apart from that, I grabbed my phone and saw the clock showing 2:30 am. I tried to wake up and sit on my bed. Then, I saw someone who was sleeping on the sofa in front of my bed. I rub my eyes and see Altia sleeping there. I said to myself, "why she sleep there?"