Interwebs Child Part Two(Angst)

They both broke the hug and stepped away from eachother. Peter and Ned both wore faces of thought.

"We will have to call the hospital. This is a case of abandonment and if any family members are alive they will take Maya." Peter said saddly looking at the small baby.

"I can call child services and they will give us a plan for what to do." Peter said knowing Ned would hate that idea.

Ned just saddly held the sleeping baby. How could someone be so attached to something they only had for less than 10 minutes?

"I know." Ned just said facing the fact that they could both get in legal trouble if they kept a baby that wasn't theirs.

"Hey it's ok, Maya may be able to go to a better family member of hers." Peter said with high hopes.

"If she had a better family member don't you think the mother would have given them the baby?" Ned said knowing that she would be put up for adoption or she would be going to a foster home.

"It's ok Ned, we can't do anything until tomorrow. Let's just get back to bed." Peter said putting his hand on Ned's shoulder. Ned just smiled and then looked towards Maya.

"Well if we can't do anything until tomorrow then we need some supplies. She's going to need to be fed and changed before 9 tomorrow." Ned said getting excited. He loved baby products, they are so cute.

"We don't have a car seat so I'll just drive down to the convenience mart and pick up some..." Peter didn't really know what to get.

"Diapers, a baby bottle, and small thing of formula. That should be it for now." Ned said hoping that this wouldn't be the end of supplies being bought for Grace.

"Uh Ok, are you sure you're ok with Maya?" Peter said not sure of what babies were capable of destroying in 30 minutes.

"Yes I'm fine, just go." Ned said with a small chuckle. Peter just blushed and was about to walk out the door until he looked down.

"Might wanna put some clothes on before you go." Ned said throwing a hoodie and jeans at Peter.

"Uh Yeah that would help, thanks." Peter said quickly putting on the clothes. He grabbed the keys and rushed out the door into the cold.

Ned's heart just bursted with love. Ned knew Peter was reluctant about doing anything for Maya. Ned just fantasized about having a family with the love of his life. He knew it was highly unlikely but when he was holding Maya he felt he had a chance. It was werid, she almost looked like Peter and Ned. She had dark straight hair, deep brown eyes, and tanned skin.

Ned helped take care of his foster siblings when his foster parents were passed out drunk in the basement. He was the oldest out of the 4 kids stuck in that hell-hole. After being abused mentally and physically he had to take care of 3 others with bruises and wounds. He had to stay strong every day and be the example for the 3 younger ones.

Ned felt like he could prevent what he went through with Maya. He wondered what she went through in just the 2 months of being alive.

Ned just held the sleeping baby and sat down onto the couch. He decided to just let her sleep and enjoy the peace while it lasted.

____________________________

Peter finally made his way to the convenience mart. The whole ride there was full of Peter's rushing thoughts. But he couldn't stop thinking about Ned and what he felt when he was around him. Ned made him feel things he never felt before. He made Peter happy and smile. Ned was an amazing friend but Peter always longed for more.