Cancer 2/2(Angst)

"What if Ned doesn't get better? What if the cancer cells regrow and things get worse? Peter thought squeezing Ned's hand. It had been four months of remission finally being done with chemotherapy but Ned didn't look or seem any better. Today they were going in of spinal tap to see if the cells regrew.
Peter sat next to Ned in the hospital room violently shaking his leg. They were both nervously waiting for the results.

"How is Ned so calm?" Peter thought looking over to his boyfriend who sat smiling. Ned was secretly horrified, Who wouldn't be! But Ned had to put a mask on for Peter's sake. Peter could have a sensory overload and pass out, especially with all the stress and Ned didn't want to burden him. The room was filled with the sound of heavy breathing and small tears. Peter was so afraid of losing Ned.

Ned just squeezed Peter's hand in reassurance and there was a light knock on the door. The knock meant so much more than just a small sound, it meant life or death for Ned.

A tall older woman came through the white door. She had many braids wrapped up in a tight top knot, that pulled up her wrinkles on her aged face. She wore a dull lab coat and scrubs, her wrinkled hands held a clipboard full of papers. Her dark complexion shined with the artificial light of the room. Her brown eyes should have been filled joy but were glazed with sorrow. Ned and Peter desperately scanned her face for a touch of happiness but it only wore despair. Doctor Owens usually had a bright and uplifting smile but her lips fell downwards in guilt.

Peter's eyes were now coated in a thick layer of tears. Ned breath hitched and his heart sank.

"Mr. Leeds and Mr. Parker, the acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells have regrown at an irregular rate, *sigh* they have have reached the liver and are clustered, which may explain any inflammation or pain." She spoke softly with a touch of pain.

Ned just sat slightly while Peter was boiling with rage.

"You said with Chemotherapy Ned had a 90% chance of getting better!" Peter said through small tears, desperately trying to understand.

Ned started to zone out and look off into the distance.

"Yes Mr. Parker I understand but we discussed that chemotherapy doesn't always work, after the chemotherapy we planned to have a stem cell transplant but the cells regrew even after intensive radiation. I'm incredibly sorry but there's nothing we can do." Doctor Owns reached a hand out to both Ned and Peter trying to comfort the broken pair.

"H-how long ddo I-I hhave?" Ned's voice was shaking and tears poured at the revelation of death.

"I consider a month, with the rapid growth of the cells your major organs will shut down, again I'm incredibly sorry." She gave one last halfhearted smile before leaving the room.

Peter and Ned both joined in for a hug, literally both holding on for dear life. Both were in a denial of death, they both had this flase sense of hope, that maybe just maybe everything would be ok. Not even good just ok, that's all they wanted. Even though both teens radiated intense heat, they felt cold and numb.

With one month to live what do you even do? Many ask this question as an ice breaker or on a first date but what if you really had to ask yourself this question. Many pick crazy things to fullfill there bucket lists but Ned would spend the next month in unbearable pain. Pain that made you want to rip out your organs and pull the plug. The kind that made you think terrible things just to stop the misery.

___________________________

Ned's Pov:

Day 20,

It's been 20 days since that terrible moment in the hospital. 20 days of pure torture. It felt like thousands of small needles digging against my bones. Digging deeper and deeper each passing minute. My joints burned and stung at even the smallest movements. My chest felt like it had a ton of bricks on it, while my stomach was being compressed, feeling like I was about to explode. You know that feeling when your foot falls asleep and it feels like being shocked by thousands of tiny lightning bolts, well imagine that around your whole body. I haven't eaten in 4 days and I dare not touch water, that hasn't entered my system since yesterday. I know I'm going to die soon, I can just....feel it. I don't want to leave Peter or this beautiful world behind.

I feel so robbed of all the wonderful memories I could've made. My parents won't care if I die, they kicked me out forever ago when I came out. Hell they didn't even try to call when I said I had leukemia! They probably think I deserve it.

All I care about is Peter and his family, they accept me and love me. I just don't want to go, I can't leave.
_______________________________

Peter's Pov:

I'm standing over the love of my life laying in his deathbed. No one should ever have to see someone they love in this state, no one.

Their near lifeless body connected to countless machines supplying their last breaths. Their skin almost completely purple and yellow. Their breath having a rattle of death, it calls to you. The rhythmic beeps of a heart monitor representing their final words. Their face ridden in stress and pain, God so much pain.

Ned just shifted his eyes over to my tear filled ones.

"Please don't cry." Ned called out in a soft tone, tears filling his own eyes.

"Ned I can't lose you, I need you." I said desperately hoping that maybe my words would wake me up from this nightmare.

"Peter I don't want to go, please don't let me go!" Ned said frantically, tears streaming down his pain ridded face. I didn't want to let go, I wanted to hold him forever but saddly Ned was going to let go no matter how hard I held on to him.

"I love you so much, please just stop the pain!" Ned called out shaking. I couldn't help, there is nothing I can do. I have no control!

"I-i love you too, Ned please hold on, we can get through this." I couldn't bare to see him like this, why him? Why Ned? It's like everyone I love leaves.

Ned just slowly and painfully pulled his hand up to my face, cupping my cheek. His hand was ice cold.

"It's ok, I *wince* love you and please Peter promise me to move on. Go and live an amazing life and get married and have tons of little spider babies. Be a dumb teenager and live life god dammit. Don't give up because of me, Please." Ned gave a small chuckle, his smile illuminated the room. I didn't want to move on I wanted to do those things with Ned.

His hand started to slowly fall and his eyes fluttered starting to close

"NO NO NO, NED PLEASE I-" I was cut off by Ned breathing out the words, "I love you". I felt like I was hit by a train, my body felt numb, my mind only filled with the idea of Ned being gone.

Doctors were rushing in and people around me were yelling but it all felt like a haze. My eyes were foggy and my ears were ringing. It's like the world was moving in slow motion. Ned was dead, really dead. Only if I told him I loved him sooner, or if I took him to the hospital sooner.

If

It became the word of my fears and doubts, it consumed me. Ned told me to move on, but how could I? I moved to the corner of the hospital room, wrapping my arms around my knees like a child. I was drowning in my own tears, I felt so empty and cold. I was alive but at the same time was so incredibly dead.

"Please don't go."