Stars(Fluff)

_____________________________________

Corn, just loads of corn. It was a late fall evening in a small midwest town, the sun was setting leaving a gorgeous cotton candy sky. Peter just looked up standing at the edge of the corn field. He gazed at the sea of pinks and blues filling the sky, it always took his breath away. Peter moved out of New York with Mr. Stark after the snap to live in peace in the midwest. This town was small and was basically just corn fields and farms, but at least it was quiet.

Peter looked up to see all the harvested corn from the field gone leaving low stalks behind. The air was so fresh compared to the city and the field seemed to never end. Then Peter heard a twig break behind him and tensed up.
"Who or What could that be! I have like two neighbors in the middle of nowhere!" Peter thought overthinking.

He felt the presence getting closer and his fight or flight kicked in. He quickly turned around, pulled his arm back and punched whatever was behind him in the face. There was a large thud and a body sat on the ground rubbing their jaw.

"What in the world Man!!" Ned said in a load of pain. There was a teen on the ground with dark skin and hair and a cute smile.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I thought you were going to hurt me!" Peter said and pulled his arm down to the teen. He reached out his hand and Ned hesitated, but soon grabbed onto him. It felt like sparks jolted into eachothers arms just by the simple touch. Ned just turned his head away trying to cover his blush.

"Uh it's ok, I'm Ned Leeds, I live in the house to the right." Ned said pointing over to his brick house.

"Hi I'm Peter Parker, the new guy." Peter said rubbing his neck with a small chuckle.

"Never seen corn before?" Ned said smirking, wondering why Peter was just gazing at the field.

"Ha, no just it's kinda peaceful." Peter said looking at beautiful life outside the city.

"It's even better when you walk to the end, Come on I got something to show you!" Ned smiled brightly while grabbing Peter's hand as the walked over the corn stalks. They made a satisfying crunch with each step and little jumping spiders ran towards Peter clasping onto his shoe. Peter just giggled at the attention from the small arachnids.

Peter just kept walking and looked back to notice his house slowly disappear and when he looked ahead he saw a small forest.

"So were are we going exactly?" Peter asked confused.

"It's a surprise!" Ned said noticing Peter shivering in the cold fall wind.
Ned just slowly took off his green hoodie ruffling his hair. Peter just laughed at the crazy looking mess of hair.

"Here take it." Ned said holding out the large green hoodie.
Peter just blushed at the idea Ned would even notice his shivers.

"No I couldn't, really I'm fine." Peter said tugging down his sleeves to cover his hands.
Ned just raised his eyebrows with a smirk.

"Really dude just take it. I just met you but you're not going back home with a cold." Ned said throwing the hoodie giving a bright smile.

Peter just slowly slipped on the hoodie, it went a little past his finger tips and the bottom of the hoodie reached his thighs. Both Ned and Peter blushed. Peter was hit by the smell of lavender, it was so comforting. They both continued to walk in a peaceful silence until they were at the edge of the woods.

"Ok this might be a werid request but... close your eyes." Ned said nervously. Peter's heart rate quickened but he trusted Ned. Peter fluttered his eyes shut and grabbed onto Ned's shoulder for guidance. They only walked for about a minute when Ned stopped walking.

"Ok you can open your eyes!" Ned said excitedly. Peter opened his eyes to be meeted by a small tree house that looked a little warn out.

"Ta Da!!" Ned said pointing to the building in the tree. Ned just ran over and started to climb the ladder. Peter just stood still, not sure really what to do.

"Come on, trust me it's better on the inside." Ned said waving Peter over. After a quick debate Peter and Ned both were inside the bedroom sized building. Peter's eyes went wide in amazement. The room had warm fairy lights dangling from each corner giving the room a warm feeling. There was two large bean bags with lots of fluffy blankets. The wall were covered in posters and photos of bands and movies.

"This is awesome!" Peter said walking around the room taking in every piece of warmth.

"Yep, thought you'd like it!" Ned said jumping on a bean bag next to Peter.
They both sat side by side snuggled in bean bags covered in blankets.

"That's not even the best part." Ned pulled on a rope that moved back a piece of wood, revealing a door sized window on the roof. Peter's jaw dropped at the sight of the stars. The sky was so clear he could see each twinkling beauty.

"Wow" Was all Peter could manage to muster out, even though this wasn't a date it was the most romantic thing ever.
While Peter was gazing at the stars, Ned's eyes stayed locked on Peter. He noticed how the light off the stars made his eyes twinkle.

"You just met him, you can't like him already! But he's beautiful and funny. I just want to hold his hand." Ned thought while Peter noticed the gazing.

"You know the stars are not on my face." Peter said giggling with a small blush. Ned just snapped out of his trance and blushed.

Peter just felt so drawn to Ned. Peter moved his hand over and left it lingering over Ned's dark hand.
Ned felt the warmth radiating off of Peter and quickly took his hand, intertwining their fingers. They both moved in closer to one another and gazed at the stars twinkling in the night sky. Even though the night was filled with the sound of crickets and small animal calls, they both focused on eachothers heartbeats and with each pulse they fell deeper into love.