Chapter 1

Mina sat down at her desk, pulling her books out. It was the beginning of a new year, her senior year. As a senior now, she was assigned to be the chief editor for the school's online newspaper.

The newspaper is known to be where the students can find the latest news about the school, such as events and important dates to remember, but the one thing that keeps the newspaper on it's toes is this social media account called Rumor Has It. This account is where students make annonymous posts about other students in the school. Being mentioned on this page can make or break your reputation at the school. This page was tough competition for the newspaper, as it seemed that students were more interested in gossip than upcoming school events.

Mina watched as Soojung, the female lead of the school musical last year, walked into the classroom. Last year, it was reported that she only got the role because she was sleeping with the drama teacher. Her head was down, avoiding eye contact with the other students, before taking her seat in the back.

Mina sighed, watching the poor girl take her seat. Deep down, Mina felt bad for her. There was nothing she could do but watch as the rumors spread around the school. She sighed turning her head back down to her notebook.

Mina wiped the sweat from her hands on her navy plaid skirt, her school uniform. She opened her notebook, one she used to keep all her private notes for the newspaper.

Goal for this year: Find the Truth

She smiled at the small note, before closing up the notebook and returning it to her bag. A hush fell over the room, and Mina looked up to see four boys enter the room. Dream, is what the students called them. Consisting of four seniors and two juniors, they were the "popular" crowd at their school, known for their dreamy looks. They were definitely a crowd Mina avoided at all costs. They simply seemed like bad news to her.

Mina's eyes followed them as they sat in the two rows behind her. Each of the boys wore a different jacket on top of their uniform, shirts unbuttoned to reveal their t-shirts underneath. One of them gave her a small smile as he walked passed, the one called Jeno, Mina recalled. The rest simply glared at the other students. As they sat down, whispers began rolling around the room.

Jeno was one of the nicer ones. He had a nice eye smile that made girls' hearts melt. He was kind and always greeted the other students in the hallways. Contrary to his face, his body had clearly defined muscles, and was known as one of the school's best athletes.

Jeno's seatmate and best friend was Jaemin. Jaemin seemed to always wear a smile when sitting with his friends in the cafeteria, but when it came to other students, he was quiet and reserved.

Renjun was one of the smartest guys Mina had ever seen. He was always the top of the class, earning the highest marks. But Renjun was also very intimidating, often glaring at other students in the hallways.

Beside Renjun was Donghyuck, or Haechan as he liked to be called, was a very confident person. He is well-known for being a great singer, and always walked the halls with his chin up.

The two juniors in Dream were Chenle and Jisung.

Chenle came from a very wealthy family. Last year, an post from Rumor Has It came out saying how he bought all the seniors Dream members Apple watches. He is also very loud, his laugh often ringing in the halls or cafeteria.

Jisung was Chenle's closest friend. Although he was born a year later the Chenle, he must have skipped a grade somewhere in the middle. He didn't seem like the youngest of the group though, as he was much taller than the others.

Although there are only six boys in Dream this year, it wasn't always that number. Their seventh member, Mark, graduated last year. Mark was their fearless leader, always leading the group in the hallways. Despite the numerous rumors that would spread, Mark would never let it get the best of him, always wearing a proud smile on his face. Oh, one more important thing, Mark was Mina's older brother.

The noise of the chair beside her moving knocked Mina out of her thoughts. She turned to see the closest person she could call a friend smiling back at her. It was Jieun, Mark's girlfriend. Jieun often visited Mina's house and took the time to chat with Mina every now and then. Although she was the same age as Mina, Jieun often spent time with the seniors or Dreamies last year, thus befriending and later dating Mark. Now that the seniors were now graduated, it seems that Jieun's closest thing to "friend" was Mina.

"Hi Mina," Jieun greeted her with a smile.

"Hi Jieun, nice to see you." Mina said,

The two girls heard a cough behind them, so Jieun turned to the boys behind her and greeted them as well.

"Hi Dreamies, hope you had a great summer." Jieun told them with a smile.

"Thanks, you too." Jeno said to her, while Jaemin continued scrolling through his phone, ignoring her words, causing Jeno to smack his arm. Jaemin gave the girl a quick smile before turning his attention back to his phone.

Haechan, who was resting his head on his desk, opened his eyes at the noise before closing them again, returning to his previous state.

"You still look ugly." Renjun said to her, eyes still focused on his notes, causing Jieun to roll her eyes and turn back to Mina.

"Honestly, I don't understand why Mark loves them so much." Jieun said under her breath as the teacher walked in, signalling the beginning of class.

———————————————————————————

I'm excited for the development of the dreamies characters hehe