Chapter 31

Haechan gulped as he looked at the hideous wig he was supposed to wear as part of his costume. He was staying late at school for their dress rehearsal, a few days before the night of the musical. The rest of his costume was already on, all that remained was his wig.

"It's not that bad." Soojung said, walking in with her blue dress. Haechan gave her a look.

"That's because YOU don't have to wear it." Haechan told her. Soojung giggled at his reaction before helping Haechan put the wig on.

"To be fair, you're supposed to be a beast, you're not supposed to look good." Soojung took a step back, staring at Haechan in his wig.

"But if it makes you feel better, I think you still look handsome." Soojung told him. As the words exited her mouth, a small smile appeared on Haechan's face.

"If you say so." Haechan mumbled. They were soon called by their teacher, signalling the start of their rehearsal.

...

Jeno could listen to Haneul's voice all day. It was absolutely lovely, making him smile as he played the guitar for her.

It was a day before the talent show and each of the acts were doing a soundcheck before their performance the next day. Since they were the reigning champions, Dream was last on the list. But Jeno was in another act, playing the guitar while Haneul sung the song they wrote together, Puzzle Piece.

After they finished, the two walked off the stage, making their way to the audience where their stuff was located. As they walked alongside one another, they bumped into two girls, neither of them liked by Jeno or Haneul.

"Cute song." Haerim said, eyeing the couple. Jeno rolled his eyes.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" Jeno said, looking at her.

"Scared you're going to lose?" Eunha said, trying to threaten them. Haneul couldn't help but giggle.

"What?" Haerim said, staring at the girl.

"You two seem to be more intimidated by Jeno than he is of you two." Haneul pointed out. Jeno watched as the two girls exchanged looks.

"Whatever." Haerim said, flipping her hair. The two girls marched past the couple, making their way onto the stage. As they left, Jaemin and Renjun stood there, eyeing the girls.

"Man, they're weird." Renjun said, making the four of them laugh.

...

Rumor has it that the Winter Talent Show and Holiday Musical are going to be amazing! Be there or be square!

~ Anonymous

...

"Mina, hurry up would you?!" Mark yelled from downstairs. Mina giggled at her older brother's impatience.

Mark had finished college for the semester, quickly returning to see his friends perform. After all, he couldn't miss the reigning champs perform.

Dream wouldn't let him see their rehearsal though, making him wait until the actual show. This made him angry, but he understood what they wanted and followed their instructions.

The day had finally arrived and Mark was impatiently tapping his foot with his arms crossed, waiting for his sister to come downstairs. Jieun's arm was around his, trying to calm her boyfriend down.

"Geez, why do girls take so long to get ready." Mark mumbled, making Jieun giggle.

"She just wants to look good." Jieun told him, lightly patting his arm.

"Who is there to impress anyways?" Mark asked, raising an eyebrow. Jieun remembered that she had forgotten to tell Mark about Mina and Jaemin.

"Ah, she made up with Jaemin." Jieun told him just as Mina made her way down the stairs. Mark's eyes widened, concerning Mina.

"Is something wrong?" Mina asked, eyeing her brother.

"So you and Jaemin are dating and you didn't tell me!" Mark exclaimed throwing his hands up. A smile appeared on Mina's face as she saw how flustered Mark was.

"I mean he confessed but there's nothing official or anything." Mina told him. Mark shook his head.

"Disappointing, I thought you would tell me!" Mark said making his way to the door. The two girls giggled, following Mark out of the house.

...

As Mina, Mark, and Jieun found seats in the auditorium, Mina noticed a familiar girl walking around. She quickly raised her hand, calling out her name.

"Areum!" Mina yelled out. Areum quickly turned towards the sound, smiling as she saw Mina's face. She made her way towards the group.

"Who's that?" Mark whispered into his sister's ear as Areum approached them.

"Ah, this is Areum. She's a junior, friends with Chenle and Jisung. She was at Jieun's party but you were probably too busy admiring your girlfriend to notice." Mina told him as Areum sat down beside her. Areum gave Mark a small wave.

"Areum, this is my brother Mark." Mina said, introducing the two.

"Ah yes, I remember seeing him with Dream last year." Areum stuck out her hand for Mark to shake.

"She's dating Renjun now!" Jieun said to Mark, making Areum blush. Mark shook his head.

"Why are all the Dreamies dating all of a sudden and no one is keeping me in the loop!" Mark exclaimed, rubbing his head. Suddenly, he dropped his hand, looking at the girls with concern.

"Wait, the boys aren't distracted right? They need to focus on have good grades so they can get into college!" Mark said, worrying for his friends. Jieun smacked his arm.

"Yah, don't be ridiculous. We were dating when you were preparing for college." Jieun pointed out.

"Ah, right." Mark said, scratching the back of his neck embarrassed. Mina exchanged chuckles with Areum.

The lights began to dim, signalling the start of the show. They quickly settled down, the MC coming out to greet them.

"Hello Everyone! Welcome to our annual Winter Talent Show!" The auditorium bursted in applause.

"Without further to do, let's get this show on the road!"

———————————————————————————

Showtimeee