Chapter 19

"Is your hand feeling better?" Areum asked. The two of them were sitting on the front porch, watching as the cars went by. Renjun was holding on an ice pack on his hand, reducing the swelling caused by the hit from the soccer ball. Renjun gave her a nod.

"Yeah, it's feeling a lot better." Renjun said, removing the ice pack. Areum took his hand, examining it.

"You're so stupid, why did you block it like that." Areum said to him as she lightly massaged his hand.

"You would have gotten hit if I didn't block it." Renjun said with a soft laugh. He heard Areum mutter under her breath.

"I can't believe you injured yourslef for this." He heard her say to herself.

Renjun took his hand out of Areum's and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, making the girl blush.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine okay?" Renjun said, reassuring her. A few students popped out of the front door, eyeing the two of them. Renjun quickly removed his hand, looking away.

"We should head back inside." Areum said to him. Renjun nodded, following the girl in.

...

"So I'm your boyfriend now." Jeno said as he sat with Haneul in the corner of the living room, far from everyone else. Haneul looked away from him.

"Don't get too excited, I said it because Haerim was pissing me off." Haneul replied. Jeno scotted closer to her, manoeuvring in a way so that his face was in front of hers.

"You didn't say no." Jeno said as a smile crept up onto his face. Haneul pushed him away as she tried to hide her smile.

"I'll take that as a yes than." Jeno said before helping the girl up, leading her to the dance floor.

...

Haechan and Soojung sat in silence on the stools in the kitchen, watching people enter and leave as they got drinks from the fridge. Occaisionally, boys would try to flirt with Haechan, but he would push them away, trying to convince them that he really didn't like men.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Haechan asked her. Soojung tilted her head, staring at him.

"There's a park not that far away." Haechan explained. Soojung hesitated for a moment before nodding her head.

"Sure." She said. She followed Haechan as he pushed past the crowds, out the front door.

"We can finally breath now." Haechan said with a smile as they walked along the sidewalk. Soojung wrapped her arms around herself, trying to keep herself warm. Haechan remembered the girl didn't have a jacket. He took off the jean jacket he was wearing, placing it around Soojung's shoulders.

"Aren't you cold?" Soojung asked him. Haechan shook his head, showing her the shirt he wore underneath his grey hoodie.

"I have plenty of layers, you wear it." Haechan said to her. Soojung put the jacket on, following Haechan as he guided her to the park. When they arrived, he lead her to the swings, the two of them taking a seat.

"It's such a peaceful night." Soojung said, looking up at the stars.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Haechan said, moving softly on the swing. They sat their in silence, the only sound coming from the chains of the swing as they moved.

"How did you deal with the rumors last year?" Haechan suddenly asked her. Soojung took a deep breath before answering his question.

"Honestly, I didn't. I just kind of left it and continued living my life." Soojung told him. She saw him slowly nod.