Chapter 5

Mina sat at her desk located in the newspaper room, going through the various articles her subordinates submitted. She rubbed her temples as she published the articles, now they were out of her hair.

Inside the room, the various editors were hard at work. Mina looked at the clock, which read 5pm. She slowly put her things away in her bag, deciding that she had done enough for the day.

"I published the articles." Mina told Miss. Kim as she passed her desk. Miss. Kim looked up, fixing the frames sitting on her face.

"Thanks Mina. I'll take a look but I'm sure there will be nothing to fix." Miss. Kim told her with a smile. She reached into her desk, pulling out a slip of paper and passing it to Mina.

"Here are our viewings." Miss. Kim said as Mina looked it over. Mina looked it over, the numbers still as low as they were before.

"Nothing's changed." Mina stated. Miss. Kim nodded, clearly disappointed as well.

"I was thinking of making a new column, but I'm not sure what. Maybe think about it too?" Miss. Kim asked with a small smile.

"I'll see what I can come up with." Mina said, bowing before heading out.

...

Mina walked towards the bus stop, stretching as she walked. Her body was sore from sitting at her desk for such a long period of time. As she walked, she heard a car honk as it pulled over to the side of the road. The window rolled down, revealing Jisung in the passenger seat.

"Noona, do you need a ride? Jeno's offering." Jisung called out. Mina looked at her watch, seeing that her bus wouldn't arrive for the next fifteen minutes.

"Sure," she said, opening the back door and hopping in. "Thanks for the ride, Jeno."

"Do you have anywhere to be right now?" Jeno asked her, guiding the car along the road. Mina though for a moment before shaking her head.

"Not really, why?" Mina responded. As Jeno heard those words, he gave the girl a smile.

"Good."

...

"What is this place?" Mina asked as the car stopped in a large driveway of a house, three other cars already parked.

"It's our new hangout place. Small bungalow that Chenle's parents own. Since Mark graduated, we didn't want to raid your house everyday, so we got this place instead." Jeno explained, unlocking the front door.

"Jeno, give her a tour." Mina heard Haechan call from inside. Jeno gave Mina an cute eye smile.

"Here, I'll show you around." Jeno said, closing the door behind the group as they entered. Renjun was sitting on a couch in the living room area. This room was clearly set up for the boy's gaming needs, as Mina eyed the various gaming stations under the large flat screen TV mounted on the wall. In the kitchen, Haechan and, to Mina's surprise, Jaemin were making snacks for the group to eat. Jieun was seated in the dinning room, helping Chenle with his homework. The single bedroom of the house was rearranged as a dance studio, with mirrors lining the walls. Jeno rubbed the back of his neck as Mina gave him a questioning look.

"We uh... sing and dance." Jeno said to her as a smile grew on Mina's face.

"I remember, you guys performed at the talent show last year." Mina recalled the boys performance. Jeno nodded as he lead her to the backyard.

The backyard was large and spacious, a basketball court set up on one side while a soccer net sat at the end of the grass on the other. Jeno lead Mina back inside, where everyone had gathered around the dinning table to enjoy the nachos that Haechan and Jaemin made.