Chapter 13

Jaemin followed Jeno as they ran laps around the field, Jisung following close behind. It was the day of their last soccer game of the season, and many students, family, and alumni had gathered to watch them. As he ran past the bleachers, he noticed his friends sitting together. He flashed a smile at them, running a few more laps before greeting them with Jeno and Jisung.

"Knock 'em dead!" Mark called out to them, throwing a punch in the air. Jieun held his arm embarrassed.

"Good luck boys." Mina said with an encouraging smile. The coach called the team over, making the three boys wave goodbye to their friends.

Renjun checked the time on his phone. He normally didn't attend events like these, but since it was their last one before college, he had decided to go. He looked at Haechan who had felt the same way, but the boy sitting beside him was too busy staring at the girl sitting alone on the other side of the bleachers. Renjun sighed as he looked at the people entering the bleachers on the side, noticing a familiar face.

"Oh, it's Areum!" Chenle called out, waving the girl over. Chenle pushed Renjun over, creating a space between them for the girl. Areum gave Chenle a smile as she made her way over.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Areum asked Renjun. Renjun shook his head.

"Take a seat." Renjun said. Areum gave him a small smile before sitting down.

"Areum let me introduce you to my friends. This Mark, he graduated last year, Jieun, his girlfriend, Mina, Renjun told me you already met her, you already know Renjun, and the grumpy one beside him is Donghyuck but we call him Haechan." Chenle quickly spat out like a rap. Chenle pointed to the field.

"The two boys beside Jisung are Jeno and Jaemin." Chenle continued.

"I think she gets the point." Renjun quickly cut him off before he could say more. Chenle shrugged his shoulders before turning to talk to Mina.

"Fancy seeing you here." Areum said to Renjun. He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's their last game, I have to support." Renjun replied.

"How was your test?" Renjun asked the girl.

"It was better than I expected." Areum told him.

"That's good to hear." Renjun said. The whistle blew, signalling the start of the game.

"You know, you're not as intimidating as people say." Areum blurted out. Renjun kept his eyes on the field.

"That's because you haven't pissed me off yet." He said coldly. Areum shrugged her shoulders.

"You seem intimidating on the outside but deep down, I know you care about people." Areum said to him.

Renjun stayed quiet as a small smile grew on his lips.

...

"They're doing better than when you were on the team." Jieun teased her boyfriend. Mark turned, giving the girl a glare as she giggled.

"Kidding." Jieun said, smiling. Mark couldn't help but chuckle.

"They are doing well though, they're winning by a lot." Mark said, looking at the scoreboard.

"You sound like a proud dad." Jieun told him. Mark smiled.

"I mean we've been together for a really long time." Mark said.

"That's true." Jieun agreed with a nod.

"Oh, what happened?" Jieun suddenly exclaimed. Mark turned his attention back to the field. Jaemin was lying on the ground, holding his knee as the players around him backed away, the coach running towards his player.

"He was pushed by the opposite team." Mina told the couple. They watched as Jeno and Jisung helped Jaemin to the edge of the field, Jaemin hopping on one foot. Jeno looked up to his friends shaking his head.

"Jaemin's out for the rest of the game." Mark said to his friends.

The referee blew the whistle, the game starting once again. The home team seemed to play harder, trying to avenge their fallen player. Jeno shook his head, letting the sweat fall out of his hair.

"Keep it up boys, there's a few more minutes of the game." Their coach told them. The boys nodded, heading to the field. Jeno ran across the field, waving his hands to his teammate. He dribbled the ball, trying to find an opening in between the opposing team. He finally found one, shooting the ball straight into it. He watched at the goalie tried to block the ball but missed just as the whistle blew. Jeno smiled to himself as the cheers erupted from the crowds. He looked towards the bleachers, looking for a familiar face, but was unable to find it. He did see Haerim's though, quickly looking away to go see Jaemin instead.

"Nice job bro." Jaemin said, giving his best friend a high five.

"How's your leg?" Jeno asked him.

"Probably just sprained something. It's okay, season's over anyways." Jaemin said, reassuring him. Their friends quickly surrounded them.

"Good job boys." Mark said, clapping Jisung and Jeno on the backs. Jeno watched as Mina sat beside Jaemin, checking to see if he was okay. Jeno noticed the girl he was looking for pass by behind his friends and quickly excused himself from the group.

"Haneul." Jeno said, approaching the girl. Haneul turned around, giving Jeno a small smile.

"You remembered my name." Haneul said waving to him. Jeno scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to say.

"Congratulations on your win." Haneul said. Jeno smiled before thanking her.

"I'll see you Monday then." Haneul said, waving goodbye as she walked away. Jeno stood there for a moment, feeling like a complete idiot before making his way back to his friends.

"Go get changed and then let's go out." Mark told them. They all laughed as they made their way to the school, Jeno and Mark helping Jaemin.

"Haechan." The group turned around to see a Soojung grabbing Haechan's arm. Haechan looked at the girl before turning back to his friends.

"Text me where you want to go, I'll meet you guys there." Haechan said before walking away with Soojung.
———————————————————————————

Renjun is absolutely beautiful

Renjun is absolutely beautiful. Just look at that :)