Chapter 34

"You guys were great!" Mark exclaimed, giving each of the boys a hug as they came out from backstage, minus Haechan and Soojung as they had to stay back to prepare for the musical. Mina noticed Areum heading over to Renjun and Jeno's laced hands with Haneul. She looked away as she noticed Renjun leaning close to Areum, not wanting to interrupt their moment when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to come face to face with a familiar blue haired boy.

"How was I?" Jaemin asked, a small smile on his face. Mina returned the favour as she pulled him into an embrace.

"I couldn't keep my eyes off you!" Mina said. As they pulled apart, Jaemin was suggestively wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh really now?" Jaemin asked earning a smack on the arm as she turned away. The two chuckled as Jaemin wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder as they made their way towards their friends.

"We should get ready for tonight's musical." Mark said. The rest nodded in agreement.

"I'll see you tonight then?" Jaemin asked. Mina nodded before placing a small peck on his cheek. Jaemin smiled and waved goodbye as Mina followed Mark to his car.

...

Fifteen minutes. They had fifteen minutes until the show started and Haechan was a hot mess. Suddenly, he had forgotten all his lines along with the lyrics of every song he had to sing. It was going to be a disaster.

"Geez, watching you pace around is making me wonder if I should be nervous." Soojung said. Haechan turned around, staring at her with petrified eyes.

"Soojung, I think you should call my understudy, I really don't think I can do this." Haechan said. Soojung hopped off the desk she was sitting on, making her way towards him. She put her hands on his shoulders.

"You got this, okay? You'll be fine. You're just nervous." Soojung said, reassuring him. Haechan shook his head.

"No I really don't-"

"Let's make a deal." Soojung said, cutting him off.

"Huh?" Haechan was confused. A deal in this situation?

"A deal. To give you some inspiration for the night." Soojung told him. Haechan shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever you say." Haechan mumbled, making Soojung roll her eyes.

"If you complete tonight without messing up your lines, we'll go on a date, me and you. If you don't, then I guess I'll just have to ask the understudy to go watch Les Misérables with me next weekend." Soojung said. Haechan's eyes widened.

"Wait, you didn't tell me you got tickets for that!" Haechan whined. Soojung simply shrugged.

"Guess you better do well tonight." Soojung teased, making her way backstage.

Haechan stared at the back of her head, taking a deep breath.

"Fine." Haechan said, quickly following the girl.

...

"I'm so excited!" Mina said as she grabbed onto Jaemin's arm. Jaemin let out a small chuckle before ruffling her hair.

"You're so cute." Jaemin said, making Mina blush. She lightly slapped him on the arm.

"Stop it." Mina whined, only making Jaemin smile brighter. Renjun pretended to gag from beside him.

"Y'all are too much." Renjun groaned. Areum let a small giggle from beside him before giving his hand a squeeze. Chenle and Jisung exchanged looks from behind them.