Chapter 17

"Why do you look so surprised?" Soojung asked as Haechan stared at her.

"I didn't know you were here." Haechan told her.

"Well, I noticed you didn't sign up earlier, so I decided to wait here to see if you would sign up." Soojung told him.

"What a creep." Haechan said, walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, I'm not creepy!" Soojung argued, chasing after the male.

"You literally stayed here, waiting for me to sign up." Haechan said to the girl.

"Well I had my reasons!" Soojung replied. Haechan stopped in his tracks, a smirk on his face.

"Really now?" Haechan asked, turning towards the girl.

"Yeah, I do." Soojung said, avoiding eye contact.

"What are they?" Haechan asked, leaning forward towards the girl. Soojung turned her head, just for Haechan's face to be inches away.

"Yah!" She exclaimed, pushing the male away. Haechan chuckled to himself as he made his way to the parking lot.

"See you later." Haechan called out.

Soojung stood there, her hand on her cheeks, trying to cover how red she was.

...

"You want us to sing?" Renjun exclaimed. The six Dream boys were sitting in their dance studio. Jeno had just showed them the song he wrote with Haneul.

"I can't sing." Haechan said, earning a glare from Jeno.

"You're literally in musical theatre right now." Jeno said.

"I'll do it." Jaemin said, giving Jeno.

"Thank you, that is what best friends are for." Jeno said, doing a handshake with Jaemin. Jeno looked towards the two junior boys.

"I'll do it if Chenle does it." Jisung said. Jeno mentally prayed that Chenle would do it.

"Can I use my low rap voice?" Chenle asked. Jeno thought for a moment.

"Sure."

"Okay, I'm in." Chenle said, taking a look at the lyrics.

"That leaves our two main vocalists." Jeno said, glancing at the remaining two.

"To be honest, I've always wanted to try rapping." Renjun said.

"I think I have the perfect line for you." Jeno said, circling on the part. He passed the paper to Renjun. Renjun took a look, humming the melody.

"This isn't as bad as I thought it would be." Renjun pointed out.

"Will you do it then?" Jeno asked.

"I guess so." Renjun replied. The six boys turned their heads to Haechan.

"Fine."

...

Rumor has it that Dream is throwing a large party this weekend. Be there or be square!

~ Anonymous

...

"Jisung look, they actually posted something correct this time." Chenle said, showing Jisung his phone.

"Wow, that's a first." Jisung replied, checking his own phone to see if it was true.

"Areum, are you coming?" Chenle yelled at the girl passing by their lockers.