Chapter 25

Haechan paced back and forth, running the different possible ways he could ask Soojung for a private rehearsal with him. He was standing in front of her locker, waiting for her to arrive at the school.

"Hey Soojung, maybe we should practice the kiss scene in private first. No, that's too direct. Soojung, maybe it would be more comfortable if we did it in private. No, I sound like I'm trying to get into her pants. Hey Soojung, do you want to have a private rehearsal with me?" Haechan was cut off by the sound of another voice.

"Private rehearsal with who?" Soojung asked, tapping the boy on the shoulder. Haechan jumped as he saw who it was.

"You scared me!" Haechan said, hand over his racing chest. Soojung gave him a wide grin as she lightly pushed him aside so she could access her locker.

"You still didn't answer my question." Soojung said, putting in her combination.

"What question?" Haechan asked, putting his hands in his pockets to try to appear more relaxed.

"Who are you asking to rehearse in private with?" Soojung asked, opening her locker.

"Oh. You. I mean not you. No. Wait. No one." Haechan said, fumbling with his words. Soojung chuckled.

"Well if you're not asking anyone, can I ask you to have a private rehearsal with me?" Soojung said, looking at Haechan in the eyes. Haechan froze at her words.

"..... me?" Haechan wanted to slap himself for asking the question. Soojung nodded.

"I think it's pretty awkward to have our first kiss scene rehearsal in front of the whole cast and we could use the time to practice our duets as well." Soojung said, closing her locker. A smile spread on Haechan's face.

"Yeah, that would be perfect." Haechan responded, falling in step with Soojung as they made their way to class.

"Great, let's meet in one of the practice rooms during lunch then." Soojung suggested. Haechan nodded in agreement, cheerfully walking alongside Soojung.

...

"You look exhausted." Mina pointed out as Jaemin yawned in front of her. They were standing outside of Mina's locker. Jaemin flashed her a bright smile.

"I just need my coffee and I'll be good." Jaemin told her as he grabbed the bottle sitting in the side pocket of his bag. Mina to shook her head before taking the bottle from his hands.

"Hey!" Jaemin said with a pout.

"Coffee's bad for you." Mina said with a wink before opening it and taking a sip. Jaemin crossed his arms as he glared at the girl. Mina let out a giggle before passing the bottle back.

"What were you doing last night anyways? Rehearsing?" Mina asked.

"Nah, I was gaming with the bros." Jaemin answered, earning a smack from Mina.

"You should stop staying up so late, it's bad for you." Mina said, scolding the boy. Jaemin couldn't help but smile.

"Wow, you're so caring." Jaemin cooed, making Mina blush.

"Whatever." Mina said, opening up her locker. Jaemin noticed a folded piece of paper fall out. Mina must have noticed it too because she quickly picked it up.

"What is that?" Jaemin asked, curious.

"Nothing." Mina answered, shoving the paper into her blazer pocket.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Jaemin muttered. He waited until Mina began gathering her stuff from her locker before quickly reaching into her pocket, taking out the paper.

"Hey!" Mina shouted as Jaemin turned around, unfolding it. His eyes widened as he read the words it contained.

Stay away from Dream (especially Jaemin) or you'll regret it.

As he looked up at Mina, the girl was already looking away.

"This isn't the first time, isn't it?" Jaemin asked. Mina stayed quiet, giving Jaemin his answer. Jaemin let out a deep sigh as he crumpled the paper in his palm.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jaemin asked her.

"It's because I knew you would react like this." Mina said softly, closing her locker.

"React like what?" Jaemin said, a bit too loudly.

"Concerned. Protective. Like you genuinely care." Mina said, starting to turn away.

"What's wrong with caring?" Jaemin asked, crossings his arms over his chest.

"It makes me feel...." Jaemin couldn't hear the rest of her sentence as Mina began walking away from him. Jaemin wanted to follow after her but an arm pulled him back.

"Dude, you don't get it, do you?" Renjun said to Jaemin. Jaemin tried to pull away but Renjun's grip just tightened.

"What is there to get?" Jaemin exclaimed turning to face his friend.

"Mina likes you. She likes you a lot." Renjun told him, looking deep into his friend's eyes.

"And I like her too, what's the problem?" Jaemin asked Renjun. Renjun sighed, releasing his grip on Jaemin's arm to put his hands on his waist.

"The problem is that you're Na Jaemin. The guy that every girl in this school has a crush on but you rejected all of them using the stupid excuse that you don't want to date." Renjun told him. Jaemin's eyes widened as he realized what Renjun was saying.

"You mean..." Jaemin's voice trailed off.

"Mina doesn't think she has a chance with you."
———————————————————————————

Triple J + fullsun vlive thoughhh