Chapter 15

"Areum!" Renjun ran after the junior as she ran out of class the moment the bell rang.

"What do you want?" Areum said to the boy, turning around. Renjun could tell that the rumor had upset her.

"It's just a rumor alright, I don't believe any of it." Renjun told the girl.

"You don't?" Areum asked. Renjun nodded.

"Do you think that I'm selfish and cheat to get good grades?" Renjun asked her. Areum shook her head.

"Then I don't think you're asking me to tutor you for popularity points." Renjun said giving the girl a reassuring smile.

...

"Haechan, you have to go for the lead role, your voice suits it so well!" Soojung said as the two of them walked out of class.

"I'm not really a lead role type of guy." Haechan replied, putting his hands in pockets.

"You're such a liar, you sing for the talent show every year." Soojung said.

"Singing is different from being the lead in a musical." Haechan replied.

"Why did you even join musical theatre?" Soojung asked the male.

"Because-" Haechan started but realized he couldn't answer the question. He stopped walking.

"Because what, huh?" Soojung said, eyeing him.

"I don't remember." Haechan mumbled, hoping the girl wouldn't ask for more.

"Whatever, I still think you should audition. Worst case, you won't get it." Soojung said before walking away.

...

"Hey, Chenle, isn't basketball season starting soon?" Jisung asked his best friend.

"Yeah, tryouts are this Friday." Chenle told him.

"I see." Jisung said. Although the two were best friends, when it came to sports, their interests clashed, making it difficult for the two to find time with each other. As if Chenle could read his thoughts, he gave Jisung a wide smile.

"Don't worry, I'll still make time for us when I don't have practice." Chenle said, giving his friend a pat on the back before running down the halls. Jisung let out a small laugh before chasing his friend.

...

Mina stretched her arms as she got comfortable in her bed. Her phone suddenly rang, the caller ID displaying her brother's name.

"Hi Mark, what's up?" Mina said, answering the phone.

"Are mom and dad home next weekend?" Mark asked.

"I don't think so, but I can double check. Why?" Mina said, putting him on speaker phone as she made a note on her phone to ask.

"It's Jieun's birthday next weekend and I wanted to throw a big party for her." Mark told her.

"Why don't you use the hangout?" Mina suggested.

"Riiiight, I'm stupid." Mark said. Mina let out a small chuckle.

"Is there anything else you need?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, it's a Dream party so a lot of people are going to want to come so I don't mind if she knows about it, but I'm going to pretend to forget and surprise her." Mark told her.

"Alright, sounds good!" Mina said to him. After saying goodbye, Mark hung up the phone.

...

The next day, Mina had filled the dreamies in on her plans. Soon, most of the school had known about the party they were hosting next weekend. A few days later, Mina had noticed Jieun acting different.

"Are you okay?" Mina asked her friend as they sat in the cafeteria. The Dream boys were absorbed in their own conversations.

"Yeah, I'm just overthinking." Jieun told her, faking a smile.

"If there's anything wrong, you can tell me." Mina reassured her. Jieun took a deep break.

"Okay, well I think Mark forgot my birthday." Jieun confessed. Mina clenched her jaw, hiding her smile.

"Oh. Well, I'm sure he'll come to his senses and remember it closer to the day." Mina told her.

"Yeah, I'm sure he put it down. He normally doesn't forget these things." Jieun said, trying to convince herself.

...

"Wow, I can't believed we finished this song in a few days." Haneul said as she began packing her things.

"Yeah, once we got the main melody, everything fell perfectly in place." Jeno responded, returning his guitar to its case.

"All we need to do is add in a few beats, record it and then we can submit it." Haneul said. Jeno nodded, agreeing.

"Do you want to take the vocals and I can do the rap?" Jeno asked her. Haneul thought for a second before answering.

"As much as I want to, with the electrical sounds, I don't think my voice will suit it." Haneul told him.

"I see." Jeno said, not really sure about what the girl wanted.

"Hey, don't your friends sing?" Haneul asked him, catching Jeno off guard.

"You mean Dream?" Jeno asked. Haneul nodded.

"Yeah, you guys performed at the talent show last year and it was pretty good." Haneul told him.

"You paid attention to that?" Jeno said. Haneul began fanning her face as she started blushing at the sudden question.

"Yah, that's not the point. I think they should record it." Haneul told him.

"Hm, okay, I'll ask them but no gurantees." Jeno said, giving the girl a smile as they walked out of the music room. As they made their way down the halls, they saw Haerim and her friends walking towards them. Jeno watched as Haerim ran straight into Haneul, shoving the girl's shoulder. Jeno quickly grabbed her arm, steadying her. Haerim simply scoffed, walking away.

"Ouch, what's her problem." Haneul said, glaring at Haerim.

"Just ignore her, she's just mad that I don't like her." Jeno said as Haneul dusted off her skirt.

"I don't blame you, with an attitude like that, even that pretty face can't save her." Haneul said. Jeno giggled at the girl's words.

"What?" Haneul said, staring at the boy.

"That was kind of funny." Jeno said. Haneul puffed out a small breath of air.

"You sure have a weird sense of humor." Haneul told him.

"Do you need a ride?" Jeno asked, holding up his car keys as they approached the door to the parking lot.

"Do you have a lot of time to kill or something?" Hanuel said back. Jeno shrugged his shoulders.

"Just get in the car." Jeno said, giving the girl a smile as he put his guitar in the trunk.

...

Rumor has it that Jeno was cheating on Haerim with Cho Haneul, which is why they broke up.

~ Anonymous

———————————————————————————

So many things being said about the dreamies rn :(