Chapter 16

"Are you sure Areum is alright with this?" Mina asked Renjun as they made their way to the library, Jaemin following them with his camera.

"Yeah, I asked her beforehand. She's willing to do it, especially if it helps clear her name." Renjun said as they entered the library. Areum was seated at their usual table. She smiled as she saw the group, waving them over.

"Hi Areum, thanks for letting us do this." Mina said, taking a seat across from her as Renjun saw beside her. Jaemin pulled out the chair from beside Mina, sitting beside the girl.

"No problem, I've seen the effects your articles have and it seems like a pretty good idea for me right now." Areum said.

"Jaemin is going to take pictures and record during our interview, I hope you don't mind." Mina told her. Areum shook her head. Mina nodded to Jaemin, who began recording.

"Great, let's get started then. So Areum, tell me how you got Renjun to tutor you in the first place." Mina asked the girl.

"Ah, well I wasn't doing too well in class, failing actually. So that's when I knew I needed a tutor. It just so happened that your article on Renjun's tutoring was released around the same time, so I asked Renjun if he would be interested in tutoring me, which he agreed." Areum answered. Mina wrote her words down into her notebook.

"How has the tutoring sessions been helping you?" Mina asked.

"We had a math test recently, with Renjun's help, I was actually had one of the top fifteen test scores of my grade." Areum replied.

"Ah, that's good to hear. Renjun must be very helpful then. Now, I have a question for Renjun." Mina turned her body so that she was now facing Renjun.

"Tell me how you feel when tutoring students." Mina said. Renjun gave her a smile before answering.

"It actually depends on the student. In the past I have tutored students that weren't really interested in improving, it was more something their parents or teachers wanted. With students like Areum who are motivated on improving, it makes tutoring much more enjoyable and makes my job a lot easier too." Renjun proudly said.

"Okay, last question. What tip do you have for students wanting to achieve high grades?" Renjun thought for a moment before answering.

"Studying seems like the obvious answer but there's actually more to it. My advice would be make sure you review the material the night it's taught and ask someone for clarification if there's anything you don't understand right away." Renjun said. Mina nodded, writing his answer down. When she finished, she gave the two students a smile.

"Thank you for your time today. I wish both of you the best of luck on your studies." Mina finished. Jaemin stopped the recording, putting the camera down.

"Well, that was easy." Areum said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, thanks for your time, we'll let you go study now." Mina said, getting up. Jaemin followed the girl out of the library.

"Are you heading to the newspaper room?" Jaemin asked. Mina nodded.

"Are you going to follow me then?" Mina asked back.

"You betcha."

...

Haechan stared at the sign up sheet in front of him. It was the end of the school day, the last day to sign up for the musical auditions. The musical theatre teacher would be picking up the sheet any second now.

Haechan glanced around him, making sure that no other student was about to witness his next actions. He quickly wrote his name down before running to hide around the corner.

From his spot, he watched at the musical theatre teacher walked over to the sign up sheet, removing it from the wall before entering her classroom. Haechan let out a sigh of relief turning around. His eyes widened as he saw the girl behind him, smiling.

"Gotcha."

Crap.

...

"Jisung!" Chenle called out, loud enough for all the students in the halls to hear. Jisung looked up to see Chenle running towards him. He froze in his place, waiting for impact. Chenle held Jisung in a bone crushing hug, lifting the taller male up and spinning him around.

"I made the team!" Chenle yelled, Jisung quickly covering his ears.

"That's great news." Jisung told his best friend with a smile as Chenle put him down.

"I'm so happy, let's go for ice cream!" Chenle told him.

"But it's cold outside now." Jisung pointed out.

"That's true. Coffee?" Chenle suggested. Jisung narrowed his eyes.

"Neither of us drink coffee." Jisung said. Chenle let out his high pitched dolphin laugh.

"Hot choco?" Chenle corrected himself. Jisung smiled, nodding quickly.

"Let's go then, my treat!" Chenle said, wrapping his arm around Jisung's shoulder as the two of them made their way out of the school.

...

Jeno could feel the tension as he worked on his song project with Haneul.

"This sounds pretty good." Jeno said as Haneul played their song with the new electric sounds.

"I guess." Haneul replied, no emotion in her voice. Jeno put his hand on top of hers, taking control of the mouse. He saved their work on the computer before quickly shutting it down.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Haneul said as she watched the screen turn black.

"Talk to me." Jeno said to her.

"There's nothing to say." Haneul replied, looking away.

"Stop lying." Jeno said to her, putting his hand on her should. Haneul pushed him off.

"Why do you care anyways, it's not like I'm your girlfriend or anything." Haneul said, getting up.

"Do you want to be?" Jeno suddenly asked. Haneul paused, her hand on the doorknob.

"Excuse me?" Haneul asked, turning around. Jeno got up, moving towards her.

"You heard what I said. Think about it." Jeno said, moving past her to exit the practice room. As he turned down the halls, he leaned onto the lockers.

What did I just do?

———————————————————————————

Jeno's dance skills are actually fireeee brooo