Chapter 33

"I feel like my ears are bleeding." Mina heard Areum mumble from beside her. As much as Mina didn't want to admit it, she felt the same way. The song Haerim and Eunha were singing did not fit either of they girls, making them both extremely off-tune. Not to mention the terrible dance that made Mina look anywhere but the stage. Soon their act had finished.

Silence filled the auditorium as many of the students agreed that the performance was terrible. Haerim's friends in the back had awkwardly stood up, cheering for their friends, allowing a small applaud errupt from the audience. The MC made his way onto the stage.

"It's time." Mark said, grabbing onto Jieun and Mina's arms as the MC announced the final act, the Dreamies.

"Ouch, that hurts!" Mina cried out, making Mark let go. Mina gave him a glare as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited." Mark said. They turned to listen to what the MC had to say about their act.

"The song, Quiet Down, written by Cho Haneul and Lee Jeno was made to encourage listeners to not be held back by rumors or stories being spread, but instead they should believe in themselves, letting the truth shine for them. Without futher ado, I present to you, NCT Dream!" The curtain went up, revealing a white screen.

The crowd went wild as the into video began, revealing pictures of each of the members.

"YEAH MY BOYS LOOK GOOD!" Mark yelled, throwing his hands up. Mina had to admit, they did look good, especially Jaemin. When the video ended, the screen came up, revealing the Dreamies. The crowd went wild.

The electronic music began and so did their performance. The crowd quickly stood from their seats, throwing their hands up as the cheered for the Dreamies.

Their performance showed Mina a side of them that she had never seen before. She couldn't help but keep her eyes glued on Jaemin the entire time but she had to admit, they were really good. She chuckled as she noticed Mark jumping up and down like a child from the corner of her eye. Once their performance ended, cheers and applause erupted from the audience.

"Damn that was good." Mark said as he took his seat. Mina followed him as the rest of the audience sat down as well.

"Yeah, it was really good." Mina agreed. The MC had called all the acts back on stage as they prepared to annouce the winner of the talent show.

"I hope they win." Areum said to her. Mina nodded in agreement.

"They did well, but the ones with Haneul and Soojung were good too." Mina pointed out.

"As long as Haerim and Eunha don't get it, I don't really care who wins." Jieun said, making the group laugh.

The MC had recieved the results from his hands, calling the attention of the audience. Dream was holding hands and bowing their heads as they stood on the stage.

"First, I would like to thank everyone for coming out here today. The performances were all amazing so can we get a round of applause for the performers today." The MC annouced. The crowd began to cheer.

"Now, the moment we've all been waiting for. The judges have come to a decision and there is a winner for this year's Winter Talent Show. I would like to annouce the runner up." A drumroll began to play. The MC took a deep breath.

"Puzzle Piece by Haneul and Jeno! Congratulations!" The audience applauded as Jeno and Haneul made their way to the front, waving. They took the small envelope from the MC before returning to their place.

"Now for the big one. The winner of this year's Winter Talent Show is....." The drum roll began again. Mina could feel the tension as the audience was holding their breath.

"NCT Dream! Congratulations on your third win in a row!" The group stood up as they cheered for their friends. Dream was hugging each other on stage as they made their way to the front. Mina could tell that Jisung was already crying while Haechan and Renjun were jumping up and down. Chenle and Jaemin were calming Jisung while Jeno took the award and microphone from the MC.

"Hi everyone! I'd like to everyone for supporting us for the past few years." Jeno started. He passed the microphone to Renjun.

"We decided to perform this song to encourage all of you to ignore the rumors being spread around you and find the truth instead, like our hyung, Mark has taught us." Renjun said, giving Mark a wink. He passed the microphone over to Jaemin.

"High school has been a wild ride, and we've learned a lot about each other and ourselves." Jaemin's eyes met Mina's as he spoke, giving her a smile before handing the microphone off to Haechan.

"We hope that all of you continue to support each other during the hard times, instead of tearing each other down with hurtful words." Haechan said, passing the microphone to Chenle, who had his arm so much.

"Thank you for giving us this award again!" Chenle said before holding the microphone for Jisung.

"We love you all!" Jisung said, his voice cracking from his tears, making the audience laugh.

Dream linked their hands, completing a big bow as the audience clapped for them. The MC said a few more final words before the curtains closed signalling the end of the performance.

"Let's go meet them outside!" Mark suggested as people began making their exit.

———————————————————————————

To all the haters:

JUST QUIET DOWN YOU SAY TOO MUCH!