✕㊀ | The First Wish

- I SHOULD'VE STAYED AT HOME.
( dua lipa, break my heart)

Standing before them was a shorter boy, not much taller from their height

Standing before them was a shorter boy, not much taller from their height. He has bright, large green eyes, with brown hair. Two weird things are floating by his side, one green and one yellow. They're circular, alternating around his body.

"Say something!" One of the five people smacks their friend on the arm, earning a deliberate 'ouch'. "This is awkward! I didn't come here for nothing!"

Bells rang in the air. Simultaneously, they all looked down to see the unnatural cat curling itself around Thorn's right leg. He says nothing, as if he didn't hear them before, and turns around to head back inside.

A boy from their group reaches out, "Wait!"

His hand went right through Thorn's wrist. He gasps, taking a step back to process the shock. Thorn pauses in his step and looks at them over his shoulder with a side look. "Coming in? I don't have time all day."

The group of five looks at each other questioningly. But in the end, the decision was made and they each filed into the large, abandoned classroom. It looked like their own, with empty cubic holes stacked at the end of the room, and a blackboard up front.

"So," Thorn was seated on what should've been the teacher's desk as he chews on his bubble gum. His orbs were fixated on all of them, at once. "What are your wishes?"

"My name's Solar," The same boy extends his hand.

Thorn merely looked at it, with a mixed, unreadable expression. "Huh?" He raises his head and looks down at the newcomer mockingly, "No need to introduce yourself. That's not going to grant you free wishes."

"I.." Solar scratches the back of his head in confusion and drops his other hand, "I'm just trying to be polite."

"Oh." Thorn's eyes turns into slits, but he shakes his head and smiles mischieviously, "Okay. What about the rest of you?" He gestures at them.

"I'm Y-Ying!" A black-haired girl squeaks, holding her books close to her chest.

"My name's Yaya. Nice to meet you."

She slaps a boy's head from the back, which got to stop the bickering that Thorn failed to notice. "That hurts you little..!" He cowers in fear after seeing Yaya's death glare and coughs, "I'm Fang."

"Weakling. I'm Gopal!" A loud laugh erupts from the bigger boy, "The number one chef and also, the one who dragged everyone in here!"

"Did not!" Fang yells.

"Did too! See him, Thorn? He's a wimp!"

The said apparition puts his chin in both hands as he examines Fang up and down, "Maybe."

Fang's face turns red from anger, but he couldn't say anything in response to it. Gopal bellows harder, holding his stomach with animated tears falling out of his eyes. "He agreed with me! Hahah!"