✕㊄ | Stripped of Sight [2]

— MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST TRY
TO TELL OURSELVES A GOOD LIE.
(i love you, billie eillish)

"Is he okay?" To which the latter responded with a double nod

"Is he okay?" To which the latter responded with a double nod. Thorn lets the boy rest on the floor, and snatches the pair of lenses from his chest. He replies solemnly, "He'll be alright. He should be awake in a few hours or so."

"Hours?!" Yaya gasps, "That's way too long! Not to mention that he's practically blind now.. what did you do to him? Did something happen?"

Thorn sets his jaw, "You talk too much."

Yaya decides to stop her yapping and sews her mouth shut together. Whatever happened between Thorn and Solar (she notices them whispering to each other) was to blame for the sudden change in the apparition's mood.

Bipolar? Maybe. Or something's really wrong.

"Now, if you excuse me," He sets the spectacles on the bridge of his nose, "I have some things to deal with." He forces a smile, "And I need you all to move away. I'm not responsible for your lives."

"W-What do you mean?" Ying sputters, but she moves away nonetheless. Yaya picks the sleeping Fang up and walks towards her classmate's direction, together with the speechless Gopal.

Thorn ignores their movements, heading towards the door. "Stay in here, and remember," He puts a finger on his lips tauntingly, "Don't make a sound."

Yaya hesitantly asks, "But..why?"

"It seems that you attracted company."

The spirit looks behind him

The spirit looks behind him. His deduction was correct. He sensed the anomaly in the air once the five students had stepped into his area. Humans always had a distinct smell to them. But this one was different. Obviously, it isn't human.