✕㊆ | The New Student [1]

— I REMEMBER IT NOW, IT TAKES ME BACK
TO WHEN IT ALL FIRST STARTED. BUT I'VE
ONLY GOT MYSELF TO BLAME FOR IT, AND I
ACCEPT THAT NOW. (high hopes, kodaline)

 (high hopes, kodaline)

"Hey, Solar!"

"Oh hey, Blaze." He waves at the fiery boy, who had shouted from the end of the hall. He stops walking, waiting for the cheery classmate to catch up with him. "How are you today?" He asks, as Blaze pants, finally by his side already.

"As awesome as ever!" Blaze's eyes lights up at the question, punching the air. "I won a bet yesterday, can you believe it?! I usually suck at those.."

He continues to ramble as they stride together to their designated classroom. The first period, Solar recalls, Physics. It's not his worst subject, but he isn't particularly good at it either. He smiles as Blaze continue to go on his ramble, showing that he's listening.

His mind is undeniably somewhere else, though. After what happened yesterday within him and Thorn, his perception about the apparition changed drastically.

Maybe spirits do have hearts, after all. He smiles to himself.

"Hey!" A slam on his back shakes him, separating him from his thoughts. He sees Blaze in front of him, frowning, "You alright dude? You seem kinda weird these days.. is everything 'ight? You can talk to me, ya know that?"

"Yup." Solar's voice cracks, "I'm fine. Don't worry."

Blaze's eyes narrows; he didn't trust the latter one bit. Ever since he ignored Blaze's calls, texts and messages- as well as the socially kept behavior he's displaying, the attentive boy couldn't buy the truth a single bit. "Don't lie to me!" He whines, tugging on Solar's arm. "Lying's a sin!"

"You lied about stealing my donuts yesterday, idiot."

Blaze lets out a sheepish smile, "That's a different type of lie!" 

Solar chuckles, expression softening. Blaze was just like a younger brother- a figure he didn't have anymore. "I'm fine, really." He pats the boy's shoulder with a reassuring smile, "I'll tell you about it one day. Promise."

"Then you're not fine, you idiot." Blaze rolls his eyes.

"Aw, you're worried about me?"

"S-Shut up!"

The two laughs, taking their respective seats at the back of the class. The bell would've rang anytime soon now. It's just like any other day; school starts at 8 o'clock and ends at 3:30. Solar stacks his books on the desk, eager to start the lesson ahead, if it means distracting him from his destructive thoughts.