㊁㊉ | Puzzle Pieces [4]

— AH, IT'S BEEN A YEAR NOW; THINK I'VE
FIGURED OUT HOW, HOW TO THINK ABOUT
YOU WITHOUT IT RIPPING MY HEART OUT.
(if the world was ending- julia michaels)

Solar felt tipsy. He could feel himself growing away from the conversation, the other Wonders staring back at him, expectant. He's now 101% certain; Earthquake has spiked his drink with something. "W-What did you put..?" He croaks, to which the lady smiles softly.

"The Truth Potion." She answers, brushing strands of hair out of his eyes. Solar couldn't move; as if he was physically confined onto the couch, cuffed onto it permanently.

All he could do was rely his four senses, except touch.

"Shall we start?" From his angle, he could see the woman turning away from him and to the supernaturals, specifically Thorn. The green-eyed apparition looks into his eyes, something stirring in his own orbs. He mouths something, Solar missed it.

Blaze sits across him, looking almost guiltily. "Sorry we have to do this to you, Sol." He pries his eyes off him, directing them somewhere else. "But this is for your own good.."

My own good?! He screams internally, How is this any good?!

"It's time you know everything about your past." He could hear Thorn's voice, although he couldn't visibly make out the apparition as he's moved somewhere away from his vision range. "From the start, I knew about your past, and how long you have left."

Blaze asks the question in his mind, "What do you mean..?"

Conflicted, Thorn grips the material of his trousers, "He only has a week to live left." He looks up into Earthquake's eyes, "Just like me. I'm not afraid of death, but," He looks over to Solar, who's laying on the couch opposite him. "He still has a chance, right?"

"Y-You're asking me to.." Earthquake stutters in disbelief.

"Pick one." Thorn lowers his head. "You have to pick either one of us. It's either me, or him. And I suggest saving the human kid." He runs his tongue over his lips, "I'm fine being this way."

Cyclone quickly chides, "Y-You can't do that!" All attention was on him now, as he sat cross on the rugged floor. "Life isn't about picking who deserves to live or not. W-We should find a solution," His blue eyes wavered, "For you both to continue living!"

Solar who hears this, became silent. Thoughtless.

But his mouth somehow opened, uttering the words, "Save my brother instead of me." His golden eyes widened. That did not come from him. His brother? He's dead! Solar exclaims in his mind. "I'm just human- and I killed him. Consider it a compensation."

"The truth has spoken." Earthquake dips her head, "So you're his dead brother, Thorn?" She raises the apparition's chin with a finger, slightly. "You knew all this time, right?"