㊉㊆ | Puzzle Pieces [1]

- BUT YOU WON'T STOP WORKING A MASTER
PIECE. IN THE FLESH, IT'S YOUR PUZZLE.
(puzzle pieces, saint motel)

"He won't last very long now

"He won't last very long now." Earthquake says worriedly, resting her hands on her lap. Blaze's eyes moves towards Thorn, who rests on her shoulder; the female spirit had forced the both of them to separate bodies momentarily.

"How long does he have left?" Blaze asks.

She puts her hand on Thorn's cheek, "Less than a week." The news left him utterly speechless. "His body is weakening." A sad smile decorates her features, "That is the life of a wish-granting supernatural."

Blaze huffs, crossing his arms. He didn't like the truth one bit; Thorn had managed to live this long with Earthquake's conjoined soul.

"Isn't there a way we can save him?"

Earthquake drops her fingers, "I suppose, yes

Earthquake drops her fingers, "I suppose, yes." This made the boy perk up with a huge smile. "There's a solution to it. But only he knows."

"Does that mean we're going to have to wait?"

She couldn't mask the hesitation in her voice as she replies, "Yes." They both look at the supernatural, whose life is now limited. "He's in deep sleep. All we can do to save the both of them, is to hope that he eventually wakes up."

Thorn's face distorts slightly, earning the attention of the two Wonders. He cracks an eye open. "Were you guys talking about me before?" A smirk graced on his lips.

"Were you awake all this time?!"

"I'm touched!" Both of Thorn's eyes eventually flutters open, and he wraps his arms around Earthquake's waist, "Welcome back, mama."

"I told you not to call me that." She scolds him lightly.

"OI!" Blaze yells, diving between them and pulling Thorn off Earthquake, who smiles at the boys' actions. Thorn pouts, hanging onto the First Wonder's arms as the other number drags his legs. "DON'T TOUCH EARTH LIKE THAT, YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL!"