Chapter 3

Ilang linggo narin simula ng nangyari at wala parin kaming klarong kaalaman tungkol sa nangyari sa Belmont. I know if my brother knows something he'll tell me.

"Lights on." saad ko sa isa sa aking mga tauhan na handa na para sa mangyayari ngayong gabi.

Nasa taas na ako ng silya habang nasa baba ang aking mga tauhan na kanya-kanyang bantay sa kanilang monitor sa posibleng pag-atake sa Vilmore. We do this every night, guarding our dearest village for the sake of our people inside.

One button and all lights are on. Even the lights stretching across four villages are on. The structure itself is from a genius mind. A large wall with implanted visible lights that creates a wall of lights that irritates even a human's naked eyes but not as much as vampires. As for vampires they can never come even in the tip of the light because the light is designed to burn them like the sun does.

"Remind me why I volunteered to be here?" Verleen said in her sweet yet annoyingly demanding voice.

"Because you hate to guard the walls from below, walking back and forth guarding the walls for any possible intruders." saad ng speaker na sa pagkakaalam ko ay boses ni Jay na inirecord na niya sa intercom at pini-play lang pag nagtanong na naman si Verleen, which she does everynight.

Everybody in the control room of the tower laugh. Verleen's face is priceless seeing her taking her favorite bracelet off her wrist and throw it towards Jay's position which he did manage to dodge.

I look at the monitor in my table. Zooming the monitor in the front gate. Bahagyang napakunot ang aking noo ng makita ang isang babaeng tumatakbo ng nakapaa patungo sa gate. I swipe my hands and the scene appeared in front of everybody here in the control room.

We are waiting for her to enter into the visibility of the lights. If she pass through it she's not a vampire but we can't help her that's the rule.

Nang makatapak na siya sa liwanag ay bumungad ang isang babaeng kulay pula ang mahabang buhok na umaalon-alon dahil sa kanyang pagtakbo. Jay zoomed in into her face and sigh.

"Ang ganda." He said dreamily.

I double tap my monitor at bumalik ito sa wide angle kong saan kita ang kanyang paghingi ng tulong sa labas at kanyang pagpukpok sa gate para saklolo. Everybody knew it's against protocol so nobody dared to utter a word. I look at the helpless woman trying to enter my village. I zoomed the vision into the dark woods. Many sparkling eyes were just behind the darkness of the night. They wanted the woman but they cannot touch her for she can withstand the lights.

Hanggang sa may isang lalaking lumapit. He is a vampire I can feel it. Nasa kadiliman parin siya. Isang hakbang para marating niya ang liwanag. He look straight at the monitor. I know he knows someone is watching behind the electronic device.

Dala ang kanyang espada, hinawakan niya ito gamit ang kanyang mga kamay at dahan-dahang itinurok sa lupa. Red warning signs alerted us. May malaking tipak ng lupa ang gumuhit patungo sa aming wall. He really is testing my patience.

He make a tsk sound. Everything in our vicinity has a sound frequency. We hear, see and knows everything.

He stayed behind the lines consuming the darkness. I alerted my men in the control room to send red alerts to all villages and into the city for any future attacks and call for back-ups. Though I know we can manage but I have more normal citizens inside my village than warriors. I cannot guarantee their full safety if they get into the village.

"Humans, I just need the traitor under your care and I'll leave." he said in deep cold voice. I push the button to the intercom for the speakers outside the gate. I inhale deeply before procceding. All eyes in this room are on me. Trying to read my thoughts about this.

"Take her."

We heard the man chuckle as he try to put his sword towards the light and saw it burning even his sword cannot withstand the light.

"I can't priestess." He said.

I just rolled my eyes. I thought all vampires are cold-blooded, mean, filthy bloodsucking insects. Yet this one seems to be educated, well-mannered, but cold in any way around.

"Turn the lights off priestess."

I grin. He can't just do me that kind of trick. I know it will be more complicated having our guards down.

"I'll give you the woman then you can leave my village, vampire." I said in the intercom. Questioned eyes pierce into mine. Kung nandito pa si Franco di sana may kayang sumuway sa akin. I saw him made a cross in his heart. Hindi ako tanga para hindi malamang walang puso ang mga bampira, walang tumitibok sa kanilang kaloob-looban kaya kong ano ang ipinakita niya ay pawang kalokohan.

"I need a vampire of words not gestures."

He chuckle at my remark. Bahagyang napataas ang aking kilay. He's well-mannered, even his laugh sounds so well delivered. Or is it just me being so damn delusional. I use my vampire speed to leave the control room. Nasa harap na ako ng mataas na gate. I gesture the guard to open it a bit, only for my entrance. I don't want any unexpected things to happen.

Bumungad sa akin ang umiiyak na babae. Mabilis siyang lumapit at akma na sana akong yayakapin but I use my vampire powers to let her stay still in her position. I know she's paralyzed. Tiningnan ko ang lalaki sa dilim. I went towards him and open my palms and let the air take the woman floating just above, a few inches beside me. The man in his hood smirk.

"So, it is true. The great priestess of Vilmore is a vampire." he said trying to suppress how he find me disgusting taking sides with humans.

I grin.

"I'll give you your woman. Leave my territory." I said firmly.

"You have my word, mademoisellé" and he slightly bow. I scan his whole being. He is taller than me, even a bit taller than Angus. His broad shoulders, well-define chin, well-proportioned thin lips and his gold shimmering eyes. An eyes as gold as the night sky, an ocean of glittering lights. His hands holding a sword, with a crescent and a skull.

I wave my hands and the air carried the body of the woman towards the darkness. A few vampires went out of the bush and took the woman into the darkness. I look at the man in front of me. I don't know but he doesn't even seem to frighten me. I raise my brows seeing his gold eyes scanning me. I heard him clear a throat.

"How do I make sure she's alive, priestess?"

I grin.

"If she wake up she's alive, if not she's dead." I answer him and shrug.

"I'll leave mademoisillé as I've promised." He said in deep voice. I look at his eyes. It is not gold anymore but ebony black. An eyes more deeper, more mysterious, more fascinating.

We are inbetween light and dark. We are born nemesis in this world. We are created to serve different rulers. One that seeks power and the other that protects its people. No greater power can ever change history and survival of man is in my hands. I am responsible for every life, for every mistakes, for every decisions, for every death. Now, I must stand as a guardian of authority, the priestess of Vilmore.

"The next time we'll see each other, one of us is dead." I said firmly.

"As you wish priestess." He said and with just a blink he left Vilmore unharmed.