Chapter 13

I lie in bed and keep my eyes close. Rinig na rinig ko parin ang mga nagkakatuwaan sa ibaba ng palasyo ni Orellis. I even hear a distant dog bark, an infant cry and someone singing. I can sleep if I need to. I can also survive without sleeping if I want to. But tonight, I just wanna lie in this soft bed and think.

A soft continous knock awaken my senses. Bahagyang napakunot ang aking noo. If it is Angus, he would have enter the room without even knocking. I inhale deeply and slightly open the door. Bumungad sa akin ang mukha ni Larco na naghihintay sa aking pagbubukas.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Follow me." He said in cold voice like he doesn't want to talk to me but he is forced to do so.

Nang akmang susunod na ako sa kanya ay mabilis niyang hinapit ang aking bewang patungo sa kanyang kwarto. I can of course, punch him, kick him, or even throw him off the window but I didn't. My body seems to be feeling so dumb lately that even my reflexes seems to fail me. Mabilis niyang sinarado ang pinto kasabay nang biglang pagkatapilok ko na nagpatumba sa akin patungo sa kanyang mga bisig.

Shit.

And for a split second I look at his eyes and a different emotion is evident. I compose myself. Mabilis akong umalis sa kanyang bisig at pinagpag ang aking damit.

"You disturb my sleep so it's better be worth it." Saad ko sa kanya na may halong pagbabanta.  Pinaningkitan niya ako ng mata sabay lapit sa kanyang kama. "You don't sleep."

"Maybe they don't but I do."

I walk towards the open door of the terrace. Cold winds swayed the curtains. I don't shiver in cold weathers like this because half of me is a cold-blooded vampire.

"Your father wanted you out of this quest." saad niya habang papalapit sa akin. I turn my gaze to him.

"Bakit daw?"

He just look at me like he wanted to tell me something but just can't. I stare at him measuring how well he can hide from me. He then stare back.

"He just wanted you out." He said and left.

I smirk.

He has always been in control with everything. Alam niya kong ano ang dapat at hindi kailangang gawin. He has always been discreet to the point that makes him so dangerous just like Angus while me and Eulises? We kind of love to do things beyond thinking. I stare at the moon for it do not shine this bright in Vilmore maybe because I am blinded by the lights of the city that I failed to acknowledge something the gods created.

A golden-eyed creature shimmer outside the walls of Cohen City. I use my speed and let air take me as fast as where the vampire is. I chase him a few miles away from the outreach of Cohen's territory. Nowhere to go, he stop at the edge of a cliff and turn his gaze into mine.

"Show yourself."

Umalingawngaw ang aking boses sa gitna ng gabi. Tanging hampas ng alon at ingay ng mga hayop sa kagubatan ang nagsilbing musika sa aming paghaharap. I know he is the vampire chasing the green-haired woman. The same vampire who help me with the wizard in Belheim. The vampire whom the gods in trust my life for he is my mate. I felt the bond stronger when we are this close.

"My love."

He said as he reach his hands on me like he wanted me to take it and live happily ever after.

Cliché shit.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Tanong ko sa kanya habang nakahanda ang sarili sa kahit na anong kapahamakan. He slowly walk towards me at same time took his hood off his face. He is handsome no doubt that. Skin white as snow, hair black as ebony, lips red as a rose, with an eyes as gold as the sun.

"My name is Lucas, the son of Marcus Vanclair."

So that explains why this man have so much power in him. Darkness run through his blood no doubt that. Marcus Vanclair is nowhere in sight for decades. Some says he died, some says he is just around the corner. So it means this vampire rules the dark realm for decades now being the only heir of the throne.

"And I see the son of darkness roaming around the realm that does not belong to him. How foolish." He chuckle and stop walking a few meters away from mine. He held his palms and a golden music box appeared.

"I just wanna give this to my woman."

I grin.

"Cut it off Lucas. What do you want?"

He sigh as his shimmering eyes landed into mine. He open his palms as the music box float into the air towards my hand. I look at it scanning every angle of it. I was train not to trust anyone but with this man I think I can even intrust him my life and where does believing in your instincts take you? To the pit of doom, said the other side of my brain.

I sigh and took the box.

Nang iginaya ko pabalik sa kanya ang aking paningin ay wala na siya sa kanyang kinatatayuan. Bahagyang napakunot ang aking noo. It kind of went well eventually. I sit at the edge of the cliff with a music box in my hand. I have been staring at it for a few minutes now. Until I slowly open the music box and a little boy and girl with their fingers intertwined appear.

As the soft melodic music fill my ears, the small figures keeps on turning as the music plays. Now this really did help me relax. I lay my back in the cold stone floor of the ground looking at the ocean of stars as the moon became my companion. I let the air surround me as the music play louder. I close my eyes and inhale the fresh air of the last land of the realm. I slightly lean my body towards the sea. Focusing my sight, I tried to take a peek at what is ahead of us but I am blocked by a force from the Empyrean islands. No idea of what is ahead I hope that we will do well in this quest.

I went back to my room without anyone knowing what just happen. Except for Angus who can read and see my memories if he wants to. And I am right, he is already waiting for me inside my room which I already know even before I arrive.

"You cannot hide anything from me Agnes, you know that." He said in a cold tone as I went pass him towards the other side of the room.

"I know."

I just roll my eyes and gently landed the music box in the vanity mirror a few meters away from the bed. Angus's eyes did not left the music box I know he already know whose it from.

"You can't resist Lucas because he is your mate but you feel something different towards Larco. That is rare, sister."

I snorted.

"Rare is not the exact word brother. It's treachery. Not for Larco or for Lucas but for my pledge towards the city." He stood up and went towards the door but before he could get out. He stare at me and I gave him the same intensity of gaze.

"Just wanna remind you Agnes. Do not keep your guards down. There is another world waiting for us tomorrow." He said and left my sight with a heavy heart.