Chapter 15

Wala akong imik habang naglalakad sa isang mahabang pilapil. I look back and saw the island we came from a bit smaller. The ocean surrounded us but still the ship is no where in sight. Naglalakad pa rin kami hanggang sa makita namin ang hangganan ng pilapil walang barko ang nakadaog dito.

"Where is that goddamn ship!" reklamo ni Eulises na katulad namin ay kanina pa gustong magtanong kong saan ang barko na sinasabi ni Orellis.

Cold ocean breeze blew taking my hair into the air. Biglang naputol ang pagkakatali ng aking buhok na siyang nagpalipad nito. Which is odd knowing how well I tie my hair. All eyes are on me as I try to catch my hair in the air.

"Priestess Agnes, your hair."

I held my hair and look at the tip. I am surprise to see it change into orange mix with red. I look at Angus and he just shrug. Though I do not feel any other changes in my body only my hair changing color.

"I see someone already had human blood in her veins."

A deep voice of a man said out of nowhere. I focus my gaze to the edge of the pathway towards the vastness of the ocean. A man suddenly appear in his,

What the hell is that?

He walk towards us like he owns the world. Though he is handsome I think I know why he hadn't married yet.

"What the fuck is that?" Eulises can't help to shut his mouth looking at the man's dress.

"Oh my goodness people. This is a hola shirt, very famous shirt from Hawaii." He said as he open both arms in the air. What is this man we bump into? Verleen who is at my back went to my side and look at the man in his hola shirt and flowery shorts. At the same time the man gaze at her. His jaw drop as his eyes shimmer showing a different kind of emotion.

"What is your name?" He ask looking directly at Verleen.

Oh no.

I open my palms and let air take Ophelia to his front. She just shriek and look at me still in her outmost respect. Unfortunately, Cerberus just pass Ophelia who is standing in front of him and went hurriedly towards Verleen and held her hands into his chest.

"Tell me that you love me too."

Verleen look at me pleading not to be taken by this weird dressed creature. I sigh. This is not part of the plan. I turn my gaze to Jay and he just nod.

"Ipagpaumanhin ho ninyo, ginoo pero hindi ho si Verleen ang alay namin sa inyo kundi itong magandang dilag na ang pangalan ay Ophelia." Magalang na saad ni Jay habang mahinang tulak kay Ophelia patungo kay Cerberus.

"Ipagpaumanhin rin magalang na ginoo. Hindi napipilit ang pag-ibig kusa iyang dumadating." sagot niya sa litanya ni Jay.

Shit.

Angus look at me with his grin. Eulises on the other hand is just looking at the scene like a movie and Larco?

Larco and his pathetic gaze towards Ophelia irritates me more. I open my palms and in a fast motion, Verleen is taken away from the man and stop beside me.

"Cut this shit! Where is your ship?" Cerberus chuckle and raise both his arms upon hearing my irritated tone of voice. He raise his hands and in a blink. A ship arose from the bottom of the sea. Isang malaking barko na gawa sa matibay na klase ng kahoy na hindi makikita sa human realm. Sa tantya ko ay tatlong palapag na gusali sa Vilmore ang taas nito. Ilang libong metro ang haba nito na sa tingin ko ay magkasing lawak at laki ang barko ni Cerberus sa infirmary ng Vilmore. Which happens to be the second largest building of the village next to the main control tower.

"The way to the Empyrean realm is not as easy as you think. I need a little bit of motivation. . . . .to give you an absolute safe passage." saad niya habang nakasaklop ang kanyang mga kamay sa ibaba ng kanyang labi.

Tsk.

"You can have Verleen. Afterall she is not a priestess yet." Larco said and take Verleen by the arms towards Cerberus. Who immediately catch her in his arms and smile with all his might. I close my eyes in annoyance and gaze at Ophelia who is following Larco towards the bridge that leads into the door of the ship.

"Easy sister. Easy."

Angus tap my back. Slightly mocking me based on his tone and the plastered grin in his face. He must really find my annoyance interesting for he bump Larco's arms and point his finger towards Ophelia. I groan as I heard them talking about Ophelia and her bewitching beauty.

Tsk.

Mabilis akong tumalon patungo sa pinakamataas na parte ng barko. Cold winds welcome me. I inhale deeply and look towards the vast ocean ahead. Ireach for my pocket and took the golden music box. I held the pin and turn it in a circling motion and let go of it. Isang mahinang tugtog ang maririnig mula dito habang nakapikit akong nakatayo sa unahang parte ng barko.

Images of war appear, blood, dead bodies, distant cries and misery. In a world where we managed to survive for years, how can we even survive a day in a world we just know just a few days ago existed?

"Care to share?"

I just roll my eyes realizing the man from behind. Cerberus in his what he calls hola shirt from a place called Hawaii.

"Is that enchanted land Hawaii far from here? I ask out if nowhere. He just nod and like me he lean in the rails and look at the vast ocean ahead.

"Yes. A bit far from here. An island in a realm where war is only in books. Lugar na walang ibang iniisip ang mga tao maliban sa kanilang araw-araw na makakain at kalusugan ng kanilang pamilya." he said and smile sincerely looking at me.

How nice is a place like that. Where there's no rules to follow, no survival to think, no extinction to fear.

"Do you think someone like me can live there?"

Tiningnan niya ako ng masinsinan na parang tinitimbang kong nagtatanong nga lang ba ako o pinag-iisipan kong pumunta sa lugar na sinasabi niya. He just shrug and focus his sight on the ocean.

"Maybe yes, maybe no."

If that world is so great at what he said. How can they choose only those who can enter their realm?

"Why the sudden interest?" He added.

I just shrug.

Why am I interested in a world where peace is prominent? Maybe I am tired living in a realm where I need to fight to survive. Times when I wanted to rest and think but can't because if I do it will cost a life and every living, walking, talking, breathing life is important for me. I have been defending lives for years and I saw how it falls in my very eyes everytime I go ballistic or doubtful over some decisions and shit.

He slighly chuckle and gaze towards the ocean. "This world maybe tiring priestess but living here would never make you feel boring. Bakit sa tingin mo bumabalik pa ako dito kong nasilayan ko na ang isang perpektong mundo?" He said as he tap my back and left me thinking.

"Nice talk by the way." pahabol niyang sigaw sabay pasok patungo sa cabin. I stare at the music box in my hand, feeling it in my fingertips. Am I just tired or maybe this is just a foreign feeling of something beyond thinking, something tiring but fascinating.