Chapter 14

"Take this."

Isang mahabang pergamino ang iniabot ni Orellis kay Larco. If that is the map then it contradicts Orellis words the other day that no one has the map of the Empyrean Realm.

"What do you want in return of your service, Orellis of Cohen?" magalang na tanong ni Larco.

Bahagya siyang tumingin sa aking gawi at umiling. "I just want you to open your eyes in the wonders I see."

The same exact words she told me the day we got here. Sa buong pagaakala ko ang Cohen ang tinutukoy niya na isang paraisong gusto niyang ipakita sa akin pero hindi pa pala.

"A few miles north you will find the edge of the human realm. Open the scroll and it will lead to the dock. May the gods protect you on your journey."

Orellis's last words before she vanish into thin air. Silence overrule us. There is no sound to calm our thoughts. We are all in deep wonder of what lies ahead after Cohen City. Unang pinaandar ni Larco ang kanyang bike hanggang sa nilamon ng matinding ingay ang kaninang tahimik na paligid. We ride north towards the edge of the realm. The same place where I chase Lucas last night. With its maximum speed we arrive after a few minutes. I walk towards the edge so did everyone. Huge waves crash on the rocks. There is a storm coming. Everytime a storm comes, Vilmore is in full alert. The sun is a vampire's nemesis. When a storm comes it covers the sun and when it does, enemies lurk behind the shadows and aim for victory against the city.

"So open it." Eulises said who is just like me, waiting impatiently.

Larco took a deep breath before opening the scroll. Isang nakakasilaw na liwanag ang lumabas mula dito. I cover my eyes for it irritates me so did Angus. It took a few seconds before I open my eyes and a portal appear in front of us.

The only problem is the portal appear a few meters away from the edge of the cliff. So, if we wanted to go inside we need to take a risk and jump towards the edge in exact calculation so we do not fall into the cliff.

"Well, this is exciting."

The only word that came out from Eulises. Probably the only word that came from all of us. Unang tumalon si Eulises, sumunod si Ophelia, pagkatapos ay si Demor, si Verleen, kasunod si Jay at panghuli si Angus. Pagkatapos ni Angus ay ako na sana ang susunod ng hinatak ni Larco ang aking braso. I look at him with a raised brow.

"Stay."

Napakunot ang aking noo sa kanyang sinabi. It totally makes no sense but I know there is a rational explanation knowing him and his battle wits.

"Enlighten me."

Bahagyang bumuka ang kanyang bibig pero walang salita na lumabas mula dito. Napailing nalang siya sabay talon sa portal. I shrug. He really has something to say but just can't and I won't force him.

For the meantime.

The wind whisper something odd. I turn around and saw a huge fire a few miles away.

Cohen City.

I run towards the corner when a black mist shower from above. I use my elemental power to create a tornado to redirect the mists from my body. As the mist landed on the trees it turn into ashes. I saw a man in black cape with a grin plastered in his face. I slightly gaze at the portal and seeing it slowly fade any minute soon. I groan in annoyance.