RIP Rooster

"DCS! I know you're in there!"

Lea laughed from the porch stairs as JJ scared John B.

"You should've seen your face, your face was..." JJ couldn't finish the sentence he was too busy laughing.

Stepping up, Lea opened the front door, making John B jump again.
"Come on, John B, let's go find out about this old compass of yours."

After nearly getting caught breaking into a motel room, stealing scuba gear, nearly getting caught whilst diving and nearly getting shot whilst coming home, the Pogues opened their beloved bag of treasure to find a compass. Some old crappy compass.

But, it was John B's father's. So, despite her hopes of hitting the jackpot and becoming mega rich, Lea was now investigating how Scooter Grubbs got hold of it.

And that's what the three Pogues were doing.

JJ and John B sat in the front, Lea sat slumped in the back.

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like 'Oh John B'" JJ made a very poor impersonation of Kie.

"Oh is that what she's like?" John B was getting annoyed.

"She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you bro,"

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were making out or something."

"Low hanging fruit bro, don't pretend you don't notice, I see it in your eyes. You're like 'I kinda like that' and then you start blushing."

"I blush."

"Oh you blush." Lea chimed in, flicking through her magazine.

JJ grabbed John B's compass, examining it.

"I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky."

"Yeah, that's why we're going to talk to Ms Lana, figure this whole thing out."

"I'm sure she would love to talk to us... " JJ kicked his feet up.

"It's not like her husband just drowned or anything." Lea tutted.

☀️

Climbing out of the VW bus, Lea looked around at the house.

"Know what this house looks like?" John B led the way.

"Whoever lives here smokes too much weed." JJ replied whilst John B pretended to inhale a joint.

"Not possible." Walking around near the front door, Lea stopped as she heard glass breaking, some kind of conflict going on inside.

"Maybe we should go back." JJ had paled slightly, stopping still as John B shushed him. "It's a little too soon..."

"Shut up, shut up, JJ." John B took a step closer. Lea took a step closer towards JJ, her fingers bumping his.