Family

Lea paced back and forth, her friends sat down in the Wreck's corner table

"Look, he'll come back around. He's doing a JJ thing." John B tried to reassure but it was pointless.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie said numbly.

Lea stopped pacing, biting her nails as a thousand more worries filled her head.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope was the only one apart from Lea standing, leaning on the fence and watching the water outside.

Lea carried on pacing, not listening to anyone else.

How could she just let JJ walk off like that? Where the hell was he going? She should've said something- not just stood there like a lemon as everyone declared all their problems with JJ.

One minute they were celebrating being rich, the next being held at gunpoint in a ditch and now JJ was gone and not talking to anyone.

"Okay," Pope gently placed his hands on Lea's shoulders and dragged her down on a chair. "It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at one. Put it in-- in a safe or a vault or something. I- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning."

"Alright let's do it." John B nodded, as Lea ran a hand through her hair, trying to clear her head.

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah asked, Lea looking up in surprise.

"Shit." John B muttered.

"What thing?" Lea asked, speaking for the first time.

"I have to go fishing with Ward."

Pope leant against the back of Lea's chair as she sat up in annoyance.

"You can't get 400 mill 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie repeated.

"Look, I have to go." John B looked down.

"Blow it off!" Lea huffed.

"It's 400 million in gold, dude!"

"Make something up!"

"Look, I have to, okay? He saved me, alright. If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So... I have to go. Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"

The Pogues sat in silence for a minute, the atmosphere heavy as Lea wanted to curl up in a ball and go home.

"Fine. Fine, go fishing." Pope finally said.

"And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then." Kie looked softly at Lea, leaning across to squeeze her shoulder.

" Kie looked softly at Lea, leaning across to squeeze her shoulder