The Plan

Lea and JJ sat on their boards, watching people move about on the beach

"Could you imagine coming here on holiday?" Lea ran her hand through her salty hair, pulling it behind her ears.

"Yeh, nice weather, good waves. Must be horrible." JJ nodded as Lea splashed him.

"That's not what I meant, dumbass. Like, we've been here, on this island, our entire lives. But to these people, the OBX are their second lives, second homes. I bet none of these people can tell you what the weather's like here in winter. Probably think the island packs up and leaves from October to April." Lea splashed her hands around the water.

"Oh to be dumb and rich." JJ sat up on his board, glancing behind him to look at incoming waves.

Lea watched him, smiling slightly as the sun caught his hair, still effortlessly perfect when wet, his skin glistening slightly in the golden glare.

Her eyes roamed, lingering on down to his toned torso, actively refraining from drooling at his tensed biceps.

"Hey sunshine! My eyes are up here." JJ winked at her.

Lea bit her lip, trying to stop her creeping blush, "don't flatter yourself."

"Wouldn't dream of it." JJ very obviously looked Lea up and down, "you're not too bad yourself."

"Cringe. Anyway, one last wave before we've got to kidnap the girls." Lea lay down on her board, beginning to paddle back.

"Come on! That was hot and you know it!" JJ called after her, the girl rolling her eyes before catching the wave, paddling softly before jumping up, the blonde cheering her on behind.

☀️

☀️

"Do you think this will work?" JJ asked John B as the three waited for Pope and Kie to arrive.

"Hope so."

As Lea rummaged through the supply bags the two boys gave each other a knowing look.