Busy B's

"Thanks for letting me stay

"Thanks for letting me stay." John B took a swig of beer, him and Lea swinging on her hammock.

"Anytime bubba, although not sure how clever it is staying 200 feet away from your house. So where've you been the last day?"

"I ran away from the DCS, and I've been tracking down some stuff, but I'll tell you later as it's a long story. So what happened to JJ?"

"Pope and him pissed off the Kooks. I don't know how or what, but they got in a fight last night and then this morning JJ got arrested." Lea took a swig of her beer, anxiously picking at her bracelets.

"Hey, it's JJ. If anyone can handle getting arrested, it's him."

Lea nodded, looking up at the night sky to get rid of the lump in her throat before changing the conversation. "So what's the plan?"

"I have no idea. Just keep hiding until I no longer need to hide."

"John B that's the shittest plan ever." The two swung in silence for a minute, the only noise being the birds and the occasional clanging coming from Lea's mom trying to make some food. Difficult with no power.

"Hey, I'm sorry- I'm sorry we can't really help. My mum would adopt you in a heartbeat but we're already on the DCS' radar, and with my dad breathing down their necks they're just looking for something to go wrong and if they do then..."

"Hey, woah, I get it. Your mom's done more for me than anyone on this island."

"Do you remember we use to try and set our parents up?" Lea closed her eyes, thinking back to a time when all the odds weren't against them.

"God, the shit we put them through... Remember that one time we locked them in the car?" John B leant back as Lea laughed.

"In all fairness they bonded in their hatred for us." Lea added.

"It made perfect sense, didn't it? They'd get married, we'd become siblings and we'd build a Kook house here on the Cut."

"It's become apparent that nothing has ever gone to plan then."

"Apparently not," John B said wistfully.

Lea sighed, counting the stars.

"I kissed Sarah Cameron."

Lea choked on her beer.
"You what?"

"I kissed Sarah Cameron. A couple of hours ago." Lea took some time to recover, absorbing the new information.

"I kissed JJ."

"You what?" It was John B's turn to choke.

"You heard me."

"Well, it appears we've both been busy." John B said thoughtfully, causing Lea to chuckle. "Could you not tell the group though as-"

"You'd owe Pope $20?"