Fishing Fail

The bright sunlight shone in Lea's eyes, waking her up

The bright sunlight shone in Lea's eyes, waking her up. She registered someone's arm over her as she rubbed her eyes, not in the mood to wake up.

Opening them slowly, taking time to adjust to the light, Lea looked around John B's room. Still in last night's t-shirt, Lea vaguely remembered shuffling in here and collapsing on the bed late last night.

Looking down, JJ lay practically on top of her, his head in her shoulder and his arm wrapped around her. It wasn't a bad way to wake up actually.

As she watched him for a minute, she smiled at how calm he looked sleeping. Until she realised how creepy she was and quickly snapped out of it.

Shuffling slightly, Lea slid away from JJ, before sitting up taking a minute to balance herself and mentally prepare herself for the day.

Walking into the living room, Lea smiled as she saw Pope and Kie asleep on the pull-out. However, glancing at the mess around her, her smile quickly dropped.

Her mother's genes kicked in as she hopped about wordlessly, picking up empty beer bottles, throwing out the mouldy bread and piling the dishes by the sink. For a bunch of kids who couldn't afford substantial food they sure used a lot of dishes.

Wiping down the surfaces, Lea looked around relatively pleased. It was still early though, and she knew it would be some time before everyone else woke up.

Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, Lea silently walked out of John B's and back into her own house.

"Morning mom!" Lea walked over to where Esme stood in the kitchen, kissing her mom's cheek.

Esme pulled a shocked face, blinking obviously, "Lea? I almost forgot what you looked like!"

"These jokes are getting poorer by the minute, ma," Lea hopped up on the counter as her mom was cooking eggs.

"Hey, seeing as you've been MIA for the past few days..."

"I was literally 200 feet away but go off," Lea shrugged.

"Watch your mouth," Esme tapped Lea on the nose, "how come the powers suddenly on. And who the hell bought a hot tub? And don't get me started on the flamingoes."

"JJ." Lea said bluntly, not really wanting to have to lie to Esme.

Esme sensed Lea was hesitant to tell her. "Kalea..."

"I'll tell you when I can tell you. Promise."

"If you get into any trouble..."

"When do I ever get in trouble, mom?"

Esme raised her eyebrows.
"So, JJ, huh?"

"What about JJ?" Lea tried to remain oblivious.

"Well, he's been staying with you, you've been staying with him..."