The Phantom

Driving down JJ's dirtpath, Lea felt her hands go clammy

JJ had been silent since they entered the Cut, and as Lea looked over at him her heart dropped at his face.

"Home sweet home." JJ stared at the house, his eyes glistening.

Lea bit her lip anxiously. Pulling the key out of the ignition, she opened her door.

"What are you doing?" JJ's eyebrows creased.

"I'm coming with you." Lea climbed out of the car.

"No. You are not. Get back in the car." JJ climbed out as well, grabbing his backpack.

"I'm not just gonna let you walk in there-"

"Kalea." JJ grabbed her arm as she began to walk over to his front door. "Get in the car."

Lea's breathe hitched in her throat, "I'm coming in with you," her voice was only just above a whisper, scared her voice would crack.

"You are not going anywhere near." JJ shook his head. "It'll only take a second. Please, get back in the car."

"But-" Lea tried to plead with him again.

"Please, Lea. I need you to stay out here, okay? I don't want you coming in."

"I don't want you going in either!"

The two just looked at each other for a second, both of them petrified.

Accepting defeat, Lea quickly hugged him before stepping back to the car. Leaning against the passenger door, she twisted a strand of her hair anxiously. Watching him walk off, Lea felt like she couldn't breathe.

JJ turned around, Lea trying her best to send him a comforting smile. As he walked in, she turned to see Kie leaning over the front seats.

"Come on, get back in the car, Lee."

Lea nodded, walking around, her eyes fixated on the door the entire time. Climbing back into the driver's seat, both her and Kie sat waiting for JJ's return.

Three and half extremely, long and painfully minutes passed until JJ walked out of his house again. Letting out a sigh of relief, Lea turned the engine as he climbed in.
"How'd it go? Are you alright?"

JJ held up his hand, the key to the Phantom wrapped around his fingers. Kie patted him on the shoulder as he gave a small smile but Lea could only focus on how his hand was shaking.

Glancing at him again, as if to double-check she wasn't just imagining him, Lea pulled out of that godforsaken house.

-----