Mrs Crain

The crew were stood in Battery Jasper, looking over the marsh

Lea leant against the fort, facing the VW bus as JJ stood on the fort, the three on Lea's left studying the map.

"We're in Battery right here." Pope pointed on the map. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere there?" Kie pointed, Lea turning around to have a look.

"Over there? Guys that's not Tannyhill that's a subdivision." JJ pointed out.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B said.

"The entire island?" Lea asked, thinking she'd heard wrong. As John B nodded, she looked at the vast land around them, muttering "great."

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." Pope studied the map, ignoring Lea's comment.

☀️

"Okay so the road should split here

"Okay so the road should split here." Pope gave instructions from behind the map as John B drove. "All right, you're gonna take a left."

Turning abruptly left, Lea whistled as a stone wall came into view.

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ said.

"This is it."

Lea climbed out of the back of the bus, looking up at the house,  before recognising it. "Seriously? It just had to be here?"

"Not the Crain house." John B said anxiously.

"Are you kidding me?" Kie climbed out, JJ close behind her.

"Worst case scenario." JJ stood beside Lea

"Why'd it have to be here of all places?" Pope joined in the group complaining session.