Chapter 23

Xiao Zhan saw Chen Xiran hitting Zero non stop, he remembers how Zero always had a smile on his face, he had never saw him being beaten up, but now that he saw it, he felt sad and anger towards all those people who had mistreated Zero.

Flashback
Past lifetime (original story)

When they first met at age 12,

"Why did you saved me? Don't you know that I can kill you?"said Xiao Zhan

"You are not scary at all. It is fine if you beat me up! It's not new to me at all."replied Zero with a forced smile on his face, that looked fake.

Flashback end

"Stop!"shouted Xiao Zhan

He felt angered. He used his own powers and freeze Chen Xiran. Xiao Zhan cannot use any of the elements, but he has his own power source which is equally as strong as all the elements combined.

Xiao Zhan wanted to kill Chen Xiran but he held back.

Xiao Zhan went towards Zero and took care of him. He gave Zero some healing medicine.

"Chen Xiran, Zero is going with me, don't you dare stop me or else you will face death."said Xiao Zhan in a cold tone

Xiao Zhan carried Zero in a piggy back way.

Zero was already numb to pain, he did not really care, he was always beaten up. It was not unusual of him to bleed. Zero saw the small back that carried him. He did not know why but he buried his face within the younger sister's back. He did not even realized when his tears came pouring down.

Xiao Zhan suddenly felt Zero move, he felt something wet behind his back. Xiao Zhan did not say anything. He realised that it was Zero's tears.

Xiao Zhan arrived in the inn.

He asked Zero to sit down, and began to check him clearly. Xiao Zhan always thought that Zero was an idiot, even in his last moments, Zero still thought that they could go back being friends.

Xiao Zhan started to realise that Zero did not really change, he just became brighter, while he became darker. They had opposing personality and thoughts, and he even stole his sister. Maybe, he was just jealous of him.

Xiao Zhan had already decided, in this lifetime, I will do whatever I want, I have Lin Xia with me. I will not keep any past grudges, I have got another chance, I will value all the people who values me. I will give our friendship a chance.

Flashback
Past lifetime, near the ending (original story)

"Xiao Zhan, we are friends remember! You are the one who taught me, you are the one who made me into who I am today, even if you hate me, we are still friends in my heart."said Zero with a pure smile on his face as he was losing blood rapidly

"Xiao Zhan, I will never go back with you! I will not leave Zero. If he dies, I will die as well! I wish I had never met you! You don't know what is love! I am willing to sacrifice everything, even if I have to perish from this world. I am willing! Xiao Zhan, I can never love you! My heart has only place for Zero, I don't hate you but I can't love you! I'm sorry, but I wish you will have your own happy ending."said the female protagonist/Xiao Zhan's sister. She took out the ancient artifact and then sacrificed herself to save Zero.

She kissed Zero one last time and then disappeared into thin air.

Zero felt despair.

Xiao Zhan felt guilty, he felt all the negative emotions.

They both wreck havoc and chaos, the world got destroyed.

Zero had lost control, he used up all his powers and began to disappear as well.

Xiao Zhan was left.

Flashback end

"Zero will you be my friend?"asked Xiao Zhan

Zero looked surprised, but he nod his head.

In this lifetime, I will try my best to not get blind by jealousy or hatred. I have many people important to me. Lin Xia is my number 1 priority.

Xiao Zhan still haven't realize that he has already fallen for Lin Xia.

Back to Lin Xia

"Are you Fiona?"asked Lin Xia

The suspicious person removed her cloak and there was an old hideous witch.

"Brat! How did you know?"asked Fiona

"Guess?"asked Lin Xia

The woman felt angered,

"I will not leave you alone brat, you should have died ages ago. It's all because of you that I now look like this! You will die here."declared the woman.

The woman started to go mad. She was laughing hysterically.

Lin Xia couldn't dodge or run away from the woman, she immediately sent a message to Xiao Zhan, she told him to wait for her.

For the first time in this lifetime, she found herself on the verge of death.

Lin Xia couldn't escape.

Fiona launched another attack, she tried to use all her gadgets yet it failed or it was too slow to be equip. For the first she found out that if a person is strong enough, no tricks can be used against this person.

Lin Xia struggled but the might from the Supreme immortal stage 3 was too much for her to handle.

Lin Xia started to bleed. Her body was tired. All she saw was darkness.

"Die!"shouted Fiona