The Concert

Sal POV

It was the day of the concert. All five of us were wearing identical SF t-shirts. Larry and Annabelle both wore studded bracelets while Zara wore one of her dark sweaters underneath her shirt. We were somewhere in the middle of the crowd, making it hard for me to see as I was so short.

"I can't fucking see!" I yell over the sound of everyone talking over each other.

"I gotchu, dude." Larry says, picking me up and putting me on his shoulders.

"Don't fucking drop me, Johnson!" I snap.

"I won't, short stack." Larry laughs.

We wait awhile for the band to come on stage. The crowd seemed anxious to see them.

"Can you see up there alright, Sally?" Ash asks me.

"Shut up, I'm shorter than you." I yell back.

"Wow, there sure are a lot of you for such a small town!"

I look up. The band has come on stage. The lead singer is starting off with a joke, as usual. (Hush, I've watched footage of their other concerts.)

"It's great to see you all!" The lead singer continues.

I look down at my friends. They all looked excited.

"Let's get started!"

They begin to play one of their songs and pretty soon, everyone was screaming the lyrics and head banging violently. I knew I was restricting Larry from head banging, so I was grateful he gave up that privilege to hold me on his shoulders.

Larry POV

The concert was over. All of us were on our way to the stage to meet the band. I was super giddy.

"I think LarBear is gonna piss himself when we get there." Zara teases.

"Screw you." I snap.

There weren't many people backstage. Just a few giddy fans and some light crew members. I could see the band over the heads of the fans.

"Oh, shit, there they are." Annabelle whispers.

"Oh, fuck. I'm really nervous now." Ash mumbles.

***

"Ok. Y'all are the last group, right?" The drummer asks as we step up to them.

"Yes." Sal chirps.

"Oh, hey, you're the kid who was sitting on the other kid's shoulders. I noticed you kids." The singer says.

"Ah, you did?" Sal sounded embarrassed.

"Yeah, I mean who wouldn't notice your fucking awesome mask."

"It's a prothstetic." Sal mumbles.

***

"That was so awesome!" Zara cheers.

"Hell yeah!"

Sal was bouncing excitedly. He seemed to be really happy to have been noticed by the band.

"Dude, it's so late. I don't think I've stayed up past 11." Annabelle says.

"Pathetic." I say in unison with Ash and Zara.