Vanished

Larry POV

Monday rolled around. Sal had been avoiding me and the gang like the plague all weekend. He hadn't even left his apartment, according to Annabelle. I knew something wasn't right. We're all waiting for Annabelle and Sal outside when Annabelle comes running out of the apartments.

"Gone!" She shrieks.

"Calm down, Annie, what's up?" I ask.

"I went to knock on Sal's door to grab him for school and it was unlocked so I go in and there isn't anything there!" She yells. "They left without telling us!"

I feel my heart shatter. I wanted to tell Sal about my feelings for him today. Todd looks taken aback and Chug doesn't say anything.

"I'm fucking calling him." I growl, pulling out my phone.

Sal POV

I stare up at the ceiling of the motel we were in. We'd left the night after the party and now I realized this was my first day not going to school with them. Sadness overwhelms me. I get up and stumble to the bathroom, grateful my parents got me my own room for today. I was about to pull out my pocketknife when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up without looking at the ID. I knew who it was.

"Hello?"

"WHAT THE HELL, SAL!?" Larry screams into the phone.

I pull it away from my ear. "Lar, let me-"

"Why didn't you tell us you were moving?!" Larry demands.

"I didn't know till the night of the party." I say.

"When did you leave?!" He asks.

"Lar-"

"When. Did. You. Leave?"

"The night after it." I whisper.

"You couldn't have told us the day of?" Larry demands.

"I was packing all day." I reply, feeling tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" Larry yells.

"Larry, there was nothing I could do!" I was crying now.

"You could have texted us!" Larry continues. "You could have called!"

"I COULDN'T!" I sob.

Larry goes quiet. "Why couldn't you?"

I take a few deep breaths before responding. "My parents told me I wasn't allowed to talk to you anymore."

"Why?"

"I don't fucking know!" I pause. "I'm sorry. I'll text when they aren't looking, I promise."

"Ok. Thank you, Sal."

"...I'll miss you guys."