Return

Larry POV

I'm laying on the couch in the living room. The TV is on, but I'm not paying attention. I'm drawing. I had my sketchbook on my knees, which were bent as the couch was small. I glance at my phone. Sal hadn't texted me for weeks. Last time he contacted me was when he was in Aspen, Colorado. I turn back to my drawing. I couldn't really tell what I was trying to draw, but I knew what I could turn it into. I begin to add details. There was a knock on the door. I glanced up.

"Coming." I sigh.

I get up and walk over to the door. It sucked being the only only one home. I open up the door.

"Wha-? Sal!" I gasp. I pull my friend into a tight hug.

"Hey, Larry." Sal laughs.

"You haven't called or texted since Colorado!" I say. "Why didn't you mention how close you were?!"

"I wanted to surprise you." Sal replies.

I release him from my grip and grin. "You got taller."

"So did you." Sal responds coldly.

"Come on in." I say, stepping aside.

Sal comes in, dragging his luggage. I smile a bit.

"Man, I missed you." I say.

"Missed you too, Larry."

Sal POV

I was glad to see my friend. I really was. But for some reason, I felt like things had changed. He was different, I was different. We hardly knew each other before I moved, we hardly know each other now.

"So, you live with Todd and Neil?" I ask.

"Yeah. They room upstairs. I'm in this room over here and then we have the guest room." Larry points to each room in turn.

"Guess I know where I'm staying." I laugh. "Help me put my stuff in the guest room?"

"Sure."

Everything has changed.