Party Foul

This is gonna be a long chapter, so buckle in for a roller coaster of emotions

Sal POV

I pull my black hoodie on over my signed Sanity's Fall t-shirt. After that, I put on my Converse and mess with my hair a bit, trying to figure out what was acceptable at a party. I hear my door open and glance over.

My dad stood in the doorway. "Don't do anything too crazy. Your mom will kill you if you drink." Dad pauses before beckoning me over. "I'm giving you permission to drink, but don't get too drunk."

I smile. "I wasn't planning on drinking, but I'll keep that in mind."

Dad laughs. "Get going."

"Bye, Dad." I respond.

Before I can leave, Mom gives me a lecture and I'm off. I meet my friends outside the apartments, where Neil had promised to pick us up, as none of us had our licences yet and he was older and knew where Maple lived. I see Chug chatting with Annabelle, who still looked really sad. I remember something Larry had told me about her and Zara being best friends and I realize Zara's death must have hit her harder than the rest of us.

"Sal! There you are!" Larry says, walking over to me. "Now we're just waiting on Todd."

"He's probably picking out a nice outfit because Neil's picking us up." I say with a laugh.

Neil pulls up in a beat up van. I couldn't tell what brand it was, but I could tell it was old.

"Hey, guys." He says.

"Hey, Neil." Larry gives the older male a fist bump.

"I don't see all of you." Neil observes. "As colorful as you all are, I don't see one specific color."

"Ha, ha." Annabelle says sarcastically. "Todd's still in his apartment getting ready."

"I'm here!" Todd yells, coming out of the apartments.

"There he is. Everyone get in." Neil says.

Larry claims the front seat, as he was the tallest of us.

Larry POV

We've been at the party half an hour and Ash is already drunk, Maple and Chug vanished, Annabelle is crying her eyes out on a couch downstairs and Sal hasn't touched a drink yet. I'm impressed. All I'm waiting for is for Todd to spew his guts about having a crush on Neil to the man himself before I can have my wishlist fulfilled. Well, almost fulfilled.

"Lar! Come dance with me." Ash grabs my hands and drags me into the living room.

"I can't dance." I protest.

"C'mon!" She says, swaying her hips. "It's easy!"

"Ash-"

"I need to steal him for a moment." Sal had appeared. My savior.

I follow Sal. "Thanks for saving me."

"No problem." Sal replies.

"So, are you ever gonna drink tonight?" I ask.