The Crash

Larry POV

Todd and Neil were happy to see Sal when they got home. We all talked for awhile before Sal said he wanted to go to bed. We all say good night and decide to go to bed as well. It wasn't until the morning that we got the news.

***

"This morning, there was a pile up on main street. Several people died. Among them were Annabelle Watson, Andrew Gardener,..."

I feel my heart drop into my shoes. She didn't even know that Sal was back.

"Damn." I whisper.

"Morning." A tired Sal stumbles out of his room.

"Morning, Sally Face." I say, switching off the TV.

Sal looked disgruntled. And from the way he was speaking, he seemed to haven't slept.

"You look terrible." I comment.

"You're no better, princess." Sal mumbles.

"Since when am I a princess?" I exclaim.

"Since now."

Sal POV

God, I was tired. I've been worried about my cat, who I left with Mom and Dad. I kind of regret doing that now because he helps with my anxiety and that type of shit. Larry looked twitchy, which was weird.

"Is there anything to eat in this house?" I ask, going through the cupboards.

"Todd's trying to make us eat healthier." Larry replies.

"Oh, God. I'm not going to survive." I dramatically clutch at my heart and pretend to faint.

"That's what I thought. I think I have a few protein bars in my room."

I look at him, annoyed. "Really?"

"They have chocolate." Larry says.

"I'm sold." I say.

Larry laughs and heads into his room. I sit at the table and lay my head down. I suddenly felt very homesick. Maybe it's because I spent so many years in Pocatello. Or because I left my cat.

"Stupid." I grumble. "Dad suggested you bring Gizmo with you and you just HAD to be a sassy bitch and leave him."

"What's up?"

I look up and see Neil.

"I left my cat at my parents' place." I reply. "And then I happened to have an anxiety attack in the middle of the night so, yeah."