Chapter 1 - My life

AJ POV

So many emotions run through my mind right now. I look up at my clock at it reads *3.09am*. I look over at my sisters; Maddie, Alisha, Abby and Olivia as we share a room (Room in photo at the top). They are all sleeping. I'm currently tossing and turning I'm so nervous for tomorrow not because of my birth mom but because the United States Women National Team is coming to watch and help today at our school training. I have had Jill Ellis scouting my games but since her stepping down from the team there new coach Vlatko Andonovski has come to 2 of games so far. I decide since i cant sleep I'm going to go from a run around the Washington DC monument. I changed into Nike shorts, Nike crop top and my Nike running shoes. I grab my headphones and my iPhone 5. Then i remember its 3am so I should probably write Maya a note.

Hi Maya,

I cant sleep, i know I'm suppose to come to you when i cant sleep but i think a run will be good for me. Its 3am and i don't what time I'll be back.

Love you x

AJ

I start running to the start of my actually run. The city is so peaceful at this hour and the stars shinning above me give me so much hope. I open Spotify and put my favourite playlist on and one of my favourite song starts playing which is 'Good Enough' by my favourite band Little Mix. I can relate to the song so much. Enough of that pity party. I begun running and keep running till I'm tired. I look at the time and see its 5am. Shit i thought i ran for 2 hours. I start to walk back to the group home. When i get there no one is awake yet. I quickly shower and put sweats on and got to Maya's room. I throw the note away. I say shuffling around and realise Maya has just woken up....

Conversation: A - AJ

M - Maya

M - What time it is?

A - Um..... its 5.15am

M - oh why are you up at this time.

I walk over to her and sit on her bed. We have the best bond because she has been my mom for the last 17 years. I snuggle up to her and she put her arms around me.

A - I'm so nervous about today and i couldn't sleep so i went for a run

M - Hey... AJ i told you no more running at that hour i told you to come talk to me at any hour.

A - I know I'm sorry.

M - Its ok Honey, do you still want to talk about it.

A - yea..... only if you want to, i mean i don't want to burden you.

M - Of course I want to and also your not a burden, I would do anything for you, you're my baby and I love you so much.

A - Aww I love you to.

M - Are you nervous about meeting your birth mum

A - Yea but its not about that its about the training today

M - Isn't the USNWT coming

A - Yea.....

M - Well hasn't that guy been scouting you, ah what's his name..... Vtieko Andorkity..

A - Well yes and his name is Vlatko Andonovski and he is the coach.

M - Well your an incredible midfielder and i know he sees the potential you have just like Jill Ellis did before she stepped down.

A - Thanks I feel a lot better.

M - That's good, you wanna stay here with me for a bit and sleep.