Chapter 4 - Bonding with the team and a surprise visitor

Previously on Ali Krieger is my Mom

I get out and head to lobby. Jill says the girls are waiting up in the conference room on floor 12.

We head to the elevator and press 12.

Jill POV

I can tell that AJ is nervous so I pause the elevator so we can chat.

Conversation: A - AJ

J - Jill

A - Why did you stop the elevator

J - Because I know you and something is wrong. So what is the matter?

A - I'm Nervous, what if i mess up at training and no likes me. Since everyone knows I'm Ali's kid wont they treat me differently or be mad at how I'm treating her?

J - Oh Josy, come on they are going to treat you as a sister and team mate. We are a family.

A - Yea I guess

J - Now I know these girls and they already know you are an incredible player.

A - Thanks Jilly, you always know how to make m feel better.

I press the button and we start moving again. The doors open and we walk to the conference room.

We walk until AJ stops walking.

AJ POV

J -What's up?

A - My Mom is in there.

J - Yea well she is on the team.

A - I know but I don't think I can do this

J - AJ I know you can, Just go in there and show them what you are made of.

I kiss her cheek.

A - Thanks Jilly, you always know what to say.

J - Just think we have dinner after that and I know you are always hungry

A - You me too well.

We walk to the conference room and I can hear chatting. Jill walks in first and I follow after her. When we enter it all goes silent. Everyone is steering at me. Coach calls me over

Conversation - C - Coach

A - AJ

C - Welcome to Madrid, how was your flight?

He sticks his hand out and i give him a strong hand shake back.

C - Strong aren't we?

A - I guess and thank you for signing me. The flight was good thank you.

C - I have you rooming with Ashlyn, Becky and Kelly - Is that fine with you.

A - Um yea that's fine.

C - Ok I'm going to introduce you and then you can tell them about yourself ok

A - Ok.

Vlatko Calls the girls for attention and the chatting stops and there attention draws to me.

C - Afternoon girls, Our newest member of the team has finally landed in Madrid. I Know your probably tired and want dinner so this will be quick. He looks at me and I smile back at him. Everyone this is AJ and she is the newest defender for this team. I expect you all to play nice because if you insult her she won the Washington DC Academic Dux at the WDC Smartness awards so she will have a calculated come back,* The girls laugh and I smile*. Ok AJ you can introduce your self now.