Chapter 21 - USWNT

Jill calls us down to the welcome meeting. She introduces us to the new staff but we have no new players. I'm sitting with Rose and Mal. We starting talking about our random life and I zone out a bit until I hear everyone leaving. I get up and go walk to the room. We are having lunch first then going for our first training. I go to my room and lie on the bed for 5 minutes until Ali walks in with Ash and Debbie. I was so confused at why she was her.

D - Hey AJ, nice seeing you again, hope your well?

A - Yea nice to see you again.

Ali - You to already meet each other?

D - Yea.

I let a tear slip and Ali see's but before she could react I left the room and went down to Dr Z room. I knocked twice and a women around 20 opened the door.

A - Oh sorry I must of got the wrong room.

Then I hear Dr Z, and then see her appear.

Z - Its the right room, AJ this is my daughter Alesha, she is 21.

A - Woah I didn't know you had a daughter, Nice to meet you

Alesha - Nice to meet you, So are you like the youngest player.

A - Ah yea, I'm 18 in a month.

Alesha - Ahh cool.

She goes and sits down on the bed while i give Dr Z my medication. I stay and chat for a bit.

I leave there room and go sit in the stair way away from everyone. I start crying. Lunch is about to start but I'm not hungry anymore. I then realise that its mother day on the game day and all the mothers will be coming out of the field with us for the national Anthem. I realise that Debbie will go out of way to make sure I don't stand with Ali for that. I notice that I have been crying for 10 minutes now. So someone will be coming to find me. I decide to go back to the room and wash my face. I face my face and then Ash comes in.

Ash - Hey you ok?

A - Oh yea I'm fine

Ash - You sure, you looked like you were crying before

A - Oh right, I'm just a bit emotional, you know its that time of the month

Ash - oh right, you sure it wasn't Debbie?

A - umm.... lets just go to lunch.

I walk out before she could answer me and then she caught up to me.

Ash - if you ever need to talk I'm here for you

A - I know.

We walk into lunch. Ash goes and sit down with Alex, Becky, Tobin, Hope, Kelly, Ali and Christen. I grab some pasta salad and some carrots plus some water. I decide to go sit with Jill, Dr Z and Alesha. I sit next to Alesha

A - Sorry I'm late

J - Its alright

I eat my food and also talk to Alesha. We have lots in common so I think we will become good friends.

Once we all finish our food, we all have to go get ready for training. I go up to the room and thankfully Debbie has left. I grab my already packed bag and start to head out of the room into the bathroom. I get changed. When I get out of the bathroom. Ali and Ash are packing their bags. I go sit on the bed because i still have 10 mins before we have to be at the bus. I decide to text Brooklyn.

A - Debbie was here and I just spent the last 20 minutes crying in the stairway

B - Oh no - how are feeling now?