Chapter 40

"Aria, Cyscus, glad to see you two have been having fun." Lucian walks in to the small room next to his bedroom which Cyscus has been using to train me. 

I sit perched on top of Cyscus with my legs wrapped around his torso after tackling him with much difficulty. The truth is Cyscus was distracted with the sound of the door knob turning and I quickly stole that golden opportunity. 

It is almost impossible to beat the smug Plutonian otherwise and he always nags me for getting distracted. This was my turn for revenge and I cast him a victorious smile as I sit on top of him which makes him scowl.

"You cheated!" His eyes go wide in disbelief.

"You got distracted," I shrug and then we both burst out laughing. 

"You two seem very comfortable with each other." Lucian walks up to us and his eyes immediately go to my legs. "Thank you for stepping in, Cyscus. I think I'll take over now." 

Is it just me or did his tone of voice just change in the span of a few seconds?

The temperature in the room seems to drop as Cyscus gently pushes me off and jumps up. "Of course, Master." 

He rushes out of the room leaving the two of us alone.

"You're back early," I state as I wipe my hands over my pants. "You just got back. Are you sure you want to train me? You must be tired."

"Why? Do you prefer training with Cyscus instead?" His voice is sharp and I almost take a step back in recoil. Is he angry with me?

"No, I'm just concerned." I frown and then I square my feet and hold my arms up in defense, waiting for him to attack. 

Lucian unbutton's the top two buttons of his shirt and rolls up his sleeves. He walks up to me and attempts to throw an upper hook my way which I block immediately. 

I throw a punch in return and he grabs my hand instead of blocking it, pulling our bodies together. He twists my arm causing me turn around with my back against him.

"Rosie doesn't do this move." I breathe out heavily whilst I struggle in his grasp.

Lucian loosens his grip slightly and I wriggle around to face him.

"How do you feel about fighting her? Are you prepared?" He asks looking slightly worried.

"I think so. Cyscus has been training me like a robot. I know most of her moves by heart now."

"What about emotionally? Are you ready to beat up your friend?"

"All fighters end up sparring with their friends sooner or later. And it's not like I have to beat her. This match is just a formality, right?"

Lucian's eyes are unreadable as he slowly nods his head and then he attacks me with a soft side kick, making me jump to avoid it.

After a few hours of training, Lucian and I sink to the floor to rest. We sit across eachother and I watch him rub the sore spot in his shoulder like I did for him before.

"Are you stressed again?" I ask him worriedly and he let's out a small laugh.

"What's so funny?" I frown at him wondering if I'm doing something wrong by asking him that question. Do Plutonian's not ask each other these kind of things?

"I just remembered the night you came back from your party all drunk. You said you were concerned about me not getting enough sleep."

"Yes, I did," I look away, trying to hide my embarrassment. I had hoped he would forget all about that.