Rant/Ramble #2 - Having No Friends

"Okay everyone, partner up!"

That is something any introverted soul would hate to hear.

This is the story of my late elementary school years.

On the first day of school, I was in a class where there were about 90% new students. It was my first year that my BFF and I were not in the same class. So, you might think: "Well, there are so many people who you can guide around the school and become friends with, right?"

Nope. That's not what happened. On the first day, I just sat next to this girl from my old class who I wasn't close friends with, but still talked to occasionally.

On the second day, I met this other girl, and we were becoming friends, so I sat with her friends for a week, after that, when we all switched to our permanent for-a-month tables, we never really talked. Yeah.

At this point, I was sitting with a bunch of girls who were best friends with each other. They never really talked to me. It was a kinda depressing time, I hated school. I barely got to talk to my actual friends, and I just sat like a quiet lump of dirt in my classroom. Normally, I LOVE school. But I was so lonely.

Things started to get better after I excepted the fact that I would never have a best friend, and I didn't let that stop me from having people to talk to. I was much happier after that. I still didn't have anyone to partner up with, but some of my old kind-of friends were really kind to let me in their group.

The moral of he story is: There are going to be some nice people. While you may not have a best friend, you don't have to be lonely. Even if that's what normally happens.