Clearly In Love

Blind!R AU

to say the least, you and Kara are impossibly inseparable.

ever since you had befriended the reporter, she had always offered help in almost all the little things you did, grabbing groceries, walking around the park, buying food among other things.

If there were anything blocking the path, she'd make sure you wouldn't get hurt by it, either by keeping the object out of your way or guiding you around it.

in short, she's always been there to look out for you, no matter how big or small, and you couldn't be more grateful to have someone like her in your life.

earlier on, Kara had convinced you and dragged you along to her apartment for game night, no one apart from Alex had arrived just yet, giving you some time to yourself, you had settled yourself by a window, elbows perched up against the edge of its frame, blindly admiring the scenery in awe.

amidst your distraction, kara sat idly on a stool by the kitchen table, Alex looking at her with an amused grin as she eyed you dreamily from across the room.

a few more seconds drag on until Alex has had enough with the longing looks that the Kryptonian was giving you and finally, she nudges Kara with her elbow.

"Just tell her already." said the director.

"it's not that easy, Alex," Kara retorts, eyes rolling comically, "look at her!" she exclaims in a silent yell, heaving a sigh, "she's smart, kind, and beautiful inside and out and I'm... I'm just me." she says sadly.

Alex takes Kara's hand on her own, seeing the doubtful expression on her sister's face, "you, Kara Danvers, are the most wonderful alien in the world," she begins.

"I mean, sure you hoard potstickers," the elder adds, chuckling as she earns herself a glare from Kara.

"but other than that, you are a hero, both as Supergirl and as Kara Danvers, and, for your information, Y/n talks an awful lot about you, I'm pretty sure she feels the same way as you do."

scoffing, "oh, so you're a human gay-dar now?" Kara retorts

"I wouldn't be opposed."

Kara sighs, again, anxiously studying your figure standing by the window with a yearning look.

"it's going to be fine!" Alex reassures.

"what if she rejects me!?"

"just see where things go first!" she says, "you're the paragon of hope, you should have faith in yourself."

Kara looks back at Alex with a somewhat sense of pride, feeling blessed for having such a loving sister, "maybe you're right," she says, more in an effort to convince herself, "I'm gonna do it."

"now?"

"now."

"well, good luck with that," says Alex, giving her sister a pat of encouragement on the back before retreating towards the door, "I'm going to... excuse myself."

laughing nervously, Kara shakes her head as Alex headed out and closed the door behind her.

she looks at you one last time before finally standing from her seat, trembling, cautiously approached your figure from behind, only ceasing once she was merely a few feet away.

she takes a deep breath in an attempt to steel herself, she almost finds it ironic, considering she was the girl of steel, but right now she felt as if her heart was about to explode out of her chest as it pounding deafeningly.

"uh, Y/n?" Kara says timidly, "can we talk?"

turning to the general direction of Kara, you smile warmly at her, "what is it?" you ask.

when she doesn't answer, you ask again, reaching a hand out towards her, but she doesn't take it.

"Kara?"

a frown makes its way onto your face as you waited for a response, however, it never came, and you're left to foolishly stare into nothingness.

you find yourself a little upset - maybe more than you'd like to admit - she never leaves you hanging around like you are right now, hell, she just never leaves you in general, even if you asked her to in acknowledgment of how busy the reporter's day could get, she'd still politely decline and rather chose to stay with you until she really had to leave.

you shakily call out to her again, thinking that maybe she just hadn't heard you despite knowing that your best friend had superhearing,

"Kara? where did you go?"

no response.

she really had left you.

turning away, intending to leave the apartment which had somehow suddenly felt smaller and more claustrophobic.

your chest tightened with every breath you took but you can't seem to know why you were reacting the way you are.

it only makes you more upset.

in your haste to leave, you inevitably run into a stray object, causing you to trip over, as you tried to get back on your feet, your side hits the corner of what you could assume was a table.

whimpering, you rub at the oncoming bruise, internally scolding yourself for being so careless - and maybe wishing that Kara had been there to look out for you - this was a struggle on a daily basis but for some reason, it still made you upset.

your tears threatened to spill as you sniffle quietly, and Kara finds herself rushing over to your side and pulling you into a tight hug with a sense of overprotectiveness.

she immediately notices how you tense under her touch, "I'm here, Y/n, I'm here," she repeats, reassuring you that she would never leave you, you eventually melt into the hug.

you burrow your face by the crook of her neck as her hand went to draw figures on your back soothingly, "I'm sorry," Kara says.

"You're here."

"I'm here," Kara assured, "always."

"I love you."

the words slip out of your mouth before you could stop yourself.

you feel Kara grow tense as you froze as well, arms still tightly wrapped around each other, a few seconds go by, following the deafening silence.

"I love you too."

"really?"

"really."

a few more moments of silence pass by, before you find yourself laughing.

"what's so funny?" Kara asks, at the brink of laughing herself.

"Nothing, I'm... I'm just happy, I think?"

Kara chuckles, "you think?"

"shh, don't laugh at me," you scold playfully, "can I kiss you?"

you hear her scoffing, "is that even a question?" she says before pulling you in closer.